BLACK PANTHER

We went this evening and obviously had no problems. However, the theater/police were not taking any chances. We had at least two officers present and the first thing they were told was which theaters were showing the movie.

Random security at movie theaters no joke. There's a local movie theater in an upscale shopping center where there is always armed security. Most people aren't there to cause any problems, but occasionally there are issues with gang members since it's a public place. I remember when there was a drive-by shooting outside of a movie theater in Oakland, California. Oakland PD started placing an officer in a patrol car most of the day, although the theater might have been paying for it.

https://ww2.kqed.org/news/2012/07/20/local-police-increase-patrols-around-movie-theaters/

Saw it Thursday night. It was the deepest, most thought provoking MCU movie. Loved all the characters, especially Shuri, T'Challa's sister.

I'm a pretty big comic book movie fan but Black Panther, I feel is a top tier movie for the genre. With every new Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, it gets harder to do a Top 5 and I'd put this with The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Going today in our "plush" theater as a previous poster put it-dinner and drinks while watching movie from comfy recliners.
Movie has gotten huge positive response for story and acting. But I am a Marvel fan as well-including the Netflix shows (Loved Luke cage and Jessica Jones the most). And Agents of SHIELD. Wonder Woman is really the only DC movie I like.
Just saw the movie again. This time in 3D.

Thoughts upon leaving the theater:
I want the sound track.
I'm rocking a Wakanda warrior costume at MNSSHP in August.
I want Disney to build a Wakanda Land
Always a good sign when you want to see a movie more than once! It's rare that I want to repeat a movie in movie theater-Force Awakens, first Guardians movie and Greatest Showman are only ones recently.
The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy.
Probably my top list as well-although I thought civil war could have been better in areas.

Today we went to the 10am show in the plush theater. I didn't want to see it but my DD 13 wanted me to go along with her and DH. Our 15 year old will go tomorrow with a group of friends. I'm not a huge superhero fan, but I have to say this one was really good. I love story telling in a movie and this one didnt disappoint. Casting was great!

We thought being an early show would leave plenty of seats....soooo wrong. Theater was packed!

As far as I can tell, nobody anywhere has actually been assaulted. The reports are all completely fake.

Yeah, I saw one of these happen in real time on Twitter last night. Some idiot posted a photo of a guy in a hospital, claiming it was his brother and that he'd been beaten outside of a theater. Apparently he didn't know that google has an image search, because someone quickly identified the photo as being from a news report of a bar fight in 2013...

It used to be that if people weren't interested in a movie, they just wouldn't go see it.

Just saw it. It was fun. Saw it in a theater in the East Bay, and the references to Oakland got a lot of cheers from the audience.

If you're planning on watching, I'll just say stick around until the end of the credits.

Surprising me Black Panther was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!