Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

First sending Pixie Dust Danielle's way...

Second, wow how big JP has gotten!

Ah, okay. I like how it's called "courir de mardi gras" and not running of...
Sunburn... that really shocked me, actually.

I don't think I put that together right. The link was for the Mamou Mardi Gras (chicken run). Danielle got a sunburn from being in New Orleans.

:laughing: That image has bled itself into your subconscious, has it?

:rolleyes:

FYI I don't do blood at all. Makes me pass out.

About an 8 hour drive!! (says Google Maps)
I see why you might not be exactly thrilled.

We're not leaving until Danielle is finished with a mid-term exam so it will be a good bit of night driving which I dislike even more.

Consider it done!

:thanks:

Working Friday evening... Sat/Sun... probably doing chores around the house. Gotta do 'em when I can. Other than that... no real plans.

Not too bad. My weekends are usually for chores too. I'll be behind since I'll get a late start.

Very best of luck to Danielle! :tink::tink::tink:

:thanks:

safe travels this morning!

Heading out around 2:30 today. And thanks again!

I don't think I put that together right. The link was for the Mamou Mardi Gras (chicken run). Danielle got a sunburn from being in New Orleans.

Yep. I got that.

FYI I don't do blood at all. Makes me pass out.

Don't eat red coloured shave ice, then.

We're not leaving until Danielle is finished with a mid-term exam so it will be a good bit of night driving which I dislike even more.

Long day!

Yep. I got that.

Don't eat red coloured shave ice, then.

Long day!
I’m doing this on my phone so no multi quoting.

As far as blood I don’t even do well with a very well told bloody story. When @Steppesister was telling bloody nose update I had to skim through.

It was a very long day. After a couple of bio breaks and dinner break in Montgomery we checked in right before midnight Atlanta time.

As far as blood I don’t even do well with a very well told bloody story. When @Steppesister was telling bloody nose update I had to skim through.

Well, that's a bloody shame.

Sorry! I couldn't resist.

Let's change the subject then, shall we?

It was a very long day. After a couple of bio breaks and dinner break in Montgomery we checked in right before midnight Atlanta time.

You poor thing. That's super long.
Glad you made it safely, though. :hug:

Well tryouts are done. Danielle made it through the first round. She was not picked for a character right away so now she waits to see if she gets an offer. They should know something by March 30th. It was an exciting day. A very good experience. She danced, smiled and stood up straight for hours. We didn’t have much energy afterwards. We went to the Disney Store and now we’re back at the hotel resting. We met lots of Disney friends. Overall it was a good day.

Last edited:
We’ll tryouts are done. Danielle made it through the first round. She was not picked for a character right away so now she waits to see if she gets an offer. They should know something by March 30th. It was an exciting day. A very good experience. She danced, smiled and stood up straight for hours. We didn’t have much energy afterwards. We went to the Disney Store and now we’re back at the hotel resting. We meet lots of Disney friends. Overall it was a good day.
Glad to hear it was a good day. :)
Not that long til the 30th. What do you think her chances are? Any idea?

Glad to hear it was a good day. :)
Not that long til the 30th. What do you think her chances are? Any idea?

I have no idea. It depends on what they’re looking for. The recruiter was fabulous and kept us entertained. If you do Twitter she put up a post. She even included a picture of “the support group”. @RecruiterKari1

You can always make me smile :yay:

:)

I have no idea. It depends on what they’re looking for. The recruiter was fabulous and kept us entertained. If you do Twitter she put up a post. She even included a picture of “the support group”. @RecruiterKari1

Sorry, don't do Twitter.

er... I guess I should say "I don't do the Twitter"... you know... just to really drive the point home.

:)

Sorry, don't do Twitter.

er... I guess I should say "I don't do the Twitter"... you know... just to really drive the point home.

I’m not a big Twitter person. When Danielle was in high school they used Twitter to get information out so I joined. The last year she did Robitics I was the adult in charge of media so I had to tweet for the team. Now I use it for information occasionally.

Last edited:
I’m not a big Twitter person. When Danielle was in high they used Twitter to get information out so I joined. The last year she did Robitics I was the adult in charge of media so I had to tweet for the team. Now I use it for information occasionally.
What is Robitics?

lit up! We made friends with a family next to us and they got SO MUCH STUFF that they kept giving some to JP and he was just in AWE! He was rubbing his eyes and I’d say, “Baby, you ready to go home?” “No Mom, catch beads.”

W4hHugohHHgwO67mm9op3dNQ63F6bfL-7ou8oRDUjz5-qB9Tw35ftXoc1VrmBX-PDxJeoQoVP6G-fNYXODaFhQGive1eS5UAMFc0nNKR3eFkHiy0HjbZWQlYU_YjHOr1TIZItxbz
Who is that big kid!?!! OMG! Look at all that hair!

This is hilarious! I love it!!!!

area I'll just be dropping her off and waiting for her to call me to pick her up. It can last anywhere from 1 to 6 hours. She could be cut in the first hour. Please send lots of good thoughts that she does well. The tryouts are for a suit character, parade performer or for the very few a face character. I've already booked a room for 2 nights so no matter how it goes we're committed. Depending on how things go we've looked at a few options on what to do on Friday. No matter what we're headed home on Saturday after our free breakfast.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?
A little late but Good Luck!!!

Well tryouts are done. Danielle made it through the first round. She was not picked for a character right away so now she waits to see if she gets an offer. They should know something by March 30th. It was an exciting day. A very good experience. She danced, smiled and stood up straight for hours. We didn’t have much energy afterwards. We went to the Disney Store and now we’re back at the hotel resting. We meet lots of Disney friends. Overall it was a good day.
Glad to hear it went well!!! Fingers crossed that she gets something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!