Blizzard Beach

Which begins in 15 days. Do you have some information to share, or are you just posting random things?
Just my opinion. We were at TL several times in April and it wasn’t busy. Warmer weather people will want to go to the water parks. No point running 2 water parks at 25% capacity.

I’ve been searching for more info on this - we’re headed to Orlando in September and I ‘m hoping for BB for our stay - I think DD will love that one.

Most of the news/rumors sites are estimating September - keeping thing consistent with the 6(ish) month rotation they’ve been doing. Little reason to open both with waterpark attendance down and staffing challenges.

Personally I’m hoping for an early September switchover date, which aligns with the dates the other sites have put out there.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard anything new. We go first of October and actually prefer TL over BB. Hoping they don't close TL before our trip.

Haven’t seen anything official yet, but I just tried booking an umbrella through September at Typhoon They’re available for all dates, including 9/10. Then from 9/11 onward, no availability. So I believe that’s the planned switchover date.

If I’m right, remember I sent out the scoop! If I’m not correct, this was just a hunch. 😁

The fantastic nearby off property H2O Themed WaterPark has a “ Calendar Year ” from Early Spring (March? ) thru Thanksgiving Weekend .
I doubt Blizzard Beach will Open for the Florida winter season … so,maybe next Spring

Could be a hot Holiday week or freezing cold with Orlando area. For Xmas but not enough to justify BB Opening .

The fantastic nearby off property H2O Themed WaterPark has a “ Calendar Year ” from Early Spring (March? ) thru Thanksgiving Weekend .
I doubt Blizzard Beach will Open for the Florida winter season … so,maybe next Spring

Could be a hot Holiday week or freezing cold with Orlando area. For Xmas but not enough to justify BB Opening .
Are you thinking they won’t open BB as a second waterpark, or do you think they won’t switch over from TL to BB?

Both Universal and Disney have kept a waterpark open year round. Disney has been rotating between BB and TL every six months or so (except during BB’s big refurb). August will be TL’s sixth month in 2023, and they’re not taking any cabana/umbrella reservations past 9/10. So I think it’s likely they do the switchover in September, allowing them to do maintenance on TL, get BB running, and keep the current staffing utilized.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen anything official yet, but I just tried booking an umbrella through September at Typhoon They’re available for all dates, including 9/10. Then from 9/11 onward, no availability. So I believe that’s the planned switchover date.

If I’m right, remember I sent out the scoop! If I’m not correct, this was just a hunch. 😁
I have a Beachcomber Shack booked for 9/12, and when I booked it on 7/20, I could have booked one through 9/16. They were available for several of the days that week (at booking time) if anyone is wanting one.

Edit: I just checked and while the calendars for both the reg and deluxe Beachcomber Shacks are open until September 26, the umbrella calendar stops at the 10th.

Last edited:
I have a Beachcomber Shack booked for 9/12, and when I booked it on 7/20, I could have booked one through 9/16. They were available for several of the days that week (at booking time) if anyone is wanting one.

Edit: I just checked and while the calendars for both the reg and deluxe Beachcomber Shacks are open until September 26, the umbrella calendar stops at the 10th.
I will be completely overjoyed if my hunch was incorrect. We have two waterpark days planned into our trip - 9/26 and 9/29. Hopefully TL stays open until 9/26, and then they open BB by the 29th!

Weird though, that they closed umbrellas so early. Maybe they’re planning on moving them between parks for a few of days?

Weird though, that they closed umbrellas so early. Maybe they’re planning on moving them between parks for a few of days?
I just realized that 9/10 is also the end of their peak season, so maybe they just haven’t loaded the information for the off peak season/pricing yet?

Hours have been posted for Typhoon Lagoon - 10-5 on 9/30, and no availability on 10/1 forward. Looks like 10/1 might be the cutover date. No hours posted for BB yet.

I booked an on-site stay a few days ago for November to use up our “And more” portion of our military promo tickets, so I asked specifically about the water parks and hours. The CM said “there’s no hours posted for that far out yet, but it will still be typhoon lagoon then…”with no indication BB would be opening anytime soon. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I booked an on-site stay a few days ago for November to use up our “And more” portion of our military promo tickets, so I asked specifically about the water parks and hours. The CM said “there’s no hours posted for that far out yet, but it will still be typhoon lagoon then…”with no indication BB would be opening anytime soon. 🤷🏻‍♀️
😟

My DD was already asking to make sure we were spending a day at BB. I told her we didn’t know if it would be open yet, but I was really hoping they would switch prior to 10/1. It’s also closer to our hotel (Swan) so it would’ve been more convenient for a BB/resort day.

Oh well - I’m sure she’ll enjoy TL too. That may also give us an excuse to hit Volcano Bay for a day! 👍

I wished they would open BOTH water parks simultaneously during the warmer months again

My family and I would make 4 day trips to Disney and just do the water parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter