BLT direct buyers...how long did you have to wait?

I find it odd that with so many people on the wait list for so many different resorts, why doesn't Disney exercise ROFR more often. It's easy money for them.

I had to wait a month for mine.

They have to ROFR a full contract. Stripped ones do not allow them to resell for another year or two.

Also - if they ROFR a full 200 point contract, but only have people on the waitlist for 100 points in that UY, it is not going to make money for them.

I was hoping more people were having luck and that I was just low on the list. From what my guide said (which could be complete bs. I know, I know), there is a lengthy wait for October and Feb UY. If that's the case, why not more ROFR? They must not make enough money on it for it to be worth their time/effort.

I was hoping more people were having luck and that I was just low on the list. From what my guide said (which could be complete bs. I know, I know), there is a lengthy wait for October and Feb UY. If that's the case, why not more ROFR? They must not make enough money on it for it to be worth their time/effort.

Bingo. Also, now that it's February, which also happens to be the biggest UY at BLT, it may be worth calling your guide (again) and just keep checking on the status. My guide on that first call told me (last year) that points "should" be coming in "soon," but was reluctant to give any time frame beyond that it ought to be a matter of days. And on the 2nd or 3rd day that I (politely) called to check on the status, the guide said, "oh, I happen to see some points just came in..." and I put them on my CC on that call. But I'm still not 100% sure that I would have gotten a call or email telling me that.

Bingo. Also, now that it's February, which also happens to be the biggest UY at BLT, it may be worth calling your guide (again) and just keep checking on the status. My guide on that first call told me (last year) that points "should" be coming in "soon," but was reluctant to give any time frame beyond that it ought to be a matter of days. And on the 2nd or 3rd day that I (politely) called to check on the status, the guide said, "oh, I happen to see some points just came in..." and I put them on my CC on that call. But I'm still not 100% sure that I would have gotten a call or email telling me that.

Good advice. There have been a lot of reports of people being told that points just magically appeared when they kept calling. I agree that it must not be “worth their time” to call you when looking for small direct add-ons. Man would I love to sit in on those meetings where these decisions were made. The finance nerd in me is dying knowing that they don’t capitalize on those wait lists. Then again, I don’t have all the info they have as a lot of it is kept private.

My Feb Use Year points came through too. I purchased them yesterday over the phone. (I had been playing telephone trash with muy guide since Sunday.)

Just as I was about to politely ask for a status update, I received a phone call saying that my points were available (December UY). Woo hoo!

Hello. Can I ask from people who are hearing this week that they have points available to purchase...when did you get on the waitlist? We just got on it last month for Feb UY. Thank you!

Hello. Can I ask from people who are hearing this week that they have points available to purchase...when did you get on the waitlist? We just got on it last month for Feb UY. Thank you!

I was put on a wait list in early January. Depending on UY, it sounds like most of the people on this thread have waited 1-2 months for BLT points. Can't hurt to call your guide and ask for an update.

I have no idea if this will help people or not, but it could help to phrase things a certain way when calling to check in with guides tomorrow. If you say "I'm looking for 25-60 points at AKL, depending on availability", they may be more likely to look for you than if you ask for just 25. You can then talk financials and say "ooh, looks like 25 would work out best for me at this time, but I hope to add on more later." It's a bit of gamesmanship, but is the same thing that guides are doing to buyers. It could be enough to push your guide to look a little harder for you than for another buyer asking for only 25 points upfront.

We got on the WL the end of Jan for 75 points. Emailed my guide today, and he got right back to me. He said there are a few people ahead of me, but it shouldn’t take much longer. We have an August Use Year. We shall see.

Good luck to everyone trying to get in before the 75 point deadline! Everyone seems to be frantic right now.

I have no idea if this will help people or not, but it could help to phrase things a certain way when calling to check in with guides tomorrow. If you say "I'm looking for 25-60 points at AKL, depending on availability", they may be more likely to look for you than if you ask for just 25. You can then talk financials and say "ooh, looks like 25 would work out best for me at this time, but I hope to add on more later." It's a bit of gamesmanship, but is the same thing that guides are doing to buyers. It could be enough to push your guide to look a little harder for you than for another buyer asking for only 25 points upfront.

I spoke to my Guide again today. He said I am #8 on the WL at this point (so very unlikely before the policy change). He said there is absolutely no such thing as ANY guide being able to work anything out to get someone points sooner than their first come, first served order on the waitlist. He said an entirely different department handles ROFL purchases and Guides have no input on it. And no Guide can bump people or arrange a ROFL. He also said it doesn't matter how many points you request, it wouldn't affect your order unless your request was for too many points. In other words, if they get a ROFL for 139 points they will go in order to anyone on the waitlist with 139 or less and offer them as many points as they requested under the amount available until they run out of points. So they don't prioritize #3 on the waitlist if they want 100 points over #1 and #2 who only want 25 each, even though that means they won't have enough to fill the order for #3 after selling 50 to the first two people.

Obviously there is a separate waitlist for each UY at each resort. So people many get more or less lucky depending on their UY.

At least this is what I was told, and triple-checked from every angle.

Are there any deals for cast members that want to buy direct. My DD was not of age at the time we bought our contracts but will be working at Disney starting in January.

I believe the only CM discount is for Aulani at this time.

I spoke to my Guide again today. He said I am #8 on the WL at this point (so very unlikely before the policy change). He said there is absolutely no such thing as ANY guide being able to work anything out to get someone points sooner than their first come, first served order on the waitlist. He said an entirely different department handles ROFL purchases and Guides have no input on it. And no Guide can bump people or arrange a ROFL. He also said it doesn't matter how many points you request, it wouldn't affect your order unless your request was for too many points. In other words, if they get a ROFL for 139 points they will go in order to anyone on the waitlist with 139 or less and offer them as many points as they requested under the amount available until they run out of points. So they don't prioritize #3 on the waitlist if they want 100 points over #1 and #2 who only want 25 each, even though that means they won't have enough to fill the order for #3 after selling 50 to the first two people.

Obviously there is a separate waitlist for each UY at each resort. So people many get more or less lucky depending on their UY.

At least this is what I was told, and triple-checked from every angle.

As you said, at least that's what you were told... Not saying they are lying, just that desperate times call for desperate measures, and any little thing is worth a shot as long as it is not unethical.

I spoke to my Guide again today. He said I am #8 on the WL at this point (so very unlikely before the policy change).

When I called on Sunday and went on the Poly WL, I asked the guide where I was on the WL and he said he had no way of knowing. I've read about others hearing from guides where they are on the WL, so not sure if he just didn't want to check...

I went on the BLT wait list in early January for 55 points, June use year. Just got a call yesterday that 25 were available. I bought them and now he has me on a wait list for the rest.

So far it sounds like June and February UY's have come through. March is 2+ months and counting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter