BLT Disappointment and Question

Song of the South

Mouseketeer
We are here and have a first floor peeper's paradise room. When I asked for sheers (there are some screwed into the wall in the living area so why not in the bedrooms too?!?) I was told that due to the construction of the building it was not possible but that tomorrow I could be moved to the 3rd floor to a MK view room. I declined due to my small kids who need to nap and was also offered a room to use at the Contemporary for the day! (No thank you for members to pay for that! And none of that solves the privacy issue for the original room!) I cannot believe that first floor rooms are without something (tinted window coating, sheers, pull down screen, louvered blinds) to ensure bedroom privacy.

What's the deal with the "sliding furniture movers" under the tv cabinets in the bedrooms? Both of our bedrooms have them under each corner of the tv cabinet. Looks very strange and out of sync.

SotS

omorrow I could be moved to the 3rd floor to a MK view room. I declined due to my small kids who need to nap and was also offered a room to use at the Contemporary for the day

I would take that offer in a heartbeat. Sounds perfect to me.

With groceries and grandparents who are refusing to move ;) it would be more trouble than I want to deal with. Yes, great offer, but what about the next family? We own at BLT and perhaps the moving people around accounts for the higher housekeeping costs? Why can they not fix the issue?

SotS

With groceries and grandparents who are refusing to move ;) it would be more trouble than I want to deal with. Yes, great offer, but what about the next family? We own at BLT and perhaps the moving people around accounts for the higher housekeeping costs? Why can they not fix the issue?

SotS

I am sorry that you cannot move, but staying there won't fix the issue either. If owners keep writing and saying they want sheers on the first floor units, I hope MS will listen and give us sheers. I would try to convince grandparents that its a good deal.

Our DS's family had a first floor unit in June and they were not bothered by the lack of sheers.

BLT has no sheers on any of the windows - despite multiple complaints - next time refuse a first floor. - also try for an even number room.

that say don't be surprised if next year - okay maybe in 2015 - that change also takes place.

it is really needed even more in the odd number rooms that face each other.

might call back about moving you - DVC did in these situations help you move.

(your problem is that unless you do move - DVC will not take you serious - if you agree to move - they should and usually do help you)

where are you on the inside - or outside of the building - inside is odd number, outside is even number

We are in even number, amazing lake view. I understand about not moving being an issue but my guests who I am related to said that it was fine if we moved but they were not. Awesome! Thanks for ensuring no more family trips for awhile! I called MS and will follow up with email once home (member satisfaction).

BLT has no sheers on any of the windows - despite multiple complaints - next time refuse a first floor. - also try for an even number room.

that say don't be surprised if next year - okay maybe in 2015 - that change also takes place.

it is really needed even more in the odd number rooms that face each other.

DVC added them to the lobby window because of the sun and heat when they began staffing it for checking so they could add them to all of the windows IMO. Of course the sheers didn't do the job they also had to add tinting to the window.

Wait...are you saying that the sliders in the bedrooms don't have any type of covering? Every room I've stayed in at BLT has privacy drapes to cover the doors and the windows in the living area. Your other family members aren't bothered by people looking at them sleeping as they walk past your room?

I don't get what you meant by you couldn't move rooms because of kids napping. And then the grandparents don't want to move. I would take the MK view in a hearbeat and tell the family members you are creeped out with the first floor room. No matter what resort we stay in, I always phone MS ahead of time to make sure I am NOT put on a first floor room because of anxiety issues (I don't feel safe). Not sure what else you want MS to do; they've made the offer to move you.

But either way....you are in Disney and can enjoy all the beautiful decorations and nice weather.

Obviously ;) you don't travel with small kids. :) My 2 littles need to nap every afternoon. Switching rooms by checking out at 11am and back in without guarantee of a room until after 4 means no room to nap in. :)

My parents were creeped out but my Mom's exact words: I have unpacked and I have no intention of packing everything up, moving, unpacking again. It is not how I want to spend my vacation.

What I want is for sheers or peel n stick window covering put on first floor rooms. AKA the problem solved for everyone. We own here and will be back so a long term solution is my preferred outcome.

I cannot imagine one of the odd number first floor rooms! Wow! :(

Actually, I have been to Disney with young kids and way before DVC was around. The last trip as youngsters, the four of us were in a room at the Poly and, although we loved the Poly (we spent our honeymoon there) I decided I did not every want to share a room like that again. So our next trip wasn't until 10 years later (I think, back in 1997) when I heard about BoardWalk Villas. We were able to get a one bedroom boardwalk view and that week purchased our first contract.

We also own at BLT and love it there. We have always "broke the bank" for theme park view because that is what we prefer. but now that we have that our of our system after at least five stays there, we've been thinking of doing standard or lakeview to save points. However, I was not aware of no window coverings on the ground floor bedrooms. That is a deal breaker right there....as there is no guarantee that a "no ground floor" request will be honored.

and I learned my lesson about travelling with family. We did a short cruise with my MIL...and although she had her own stateroom, it was a very tiring trip if you get my drift (I think you do). :) I would still like to have her experience WDW the right way, but would never get connecting rooms....studio on another floor would be great.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. Maybe you can ask housekeeping for some extra sheets and put them over the sliding doors somehow?

pretty sure it has the covering - the heavy curtains - so no one can see in - and you can't see out. (my problem)

the sheers allow you to see out and the people walking by can't see in easily. right now for some unknown reason DVC is saying they can't put them in the BLT rooms/villas.

hey when I get a standard view north side even number rooms (closer to the MK) - don't close the curtains until I go to bed for the night - even then might leave a crack. that side of the building does not get the traffic that the south side gets.

pretty sure it has the covering - the heavy curtains - so no one can see in - and you can't see out. (my problem)

the sheers allow you to see out and the people walking by can't see in easily. right now for some unknown reason DVC is saying they can't put them in the BLT rooms/villas.

If people want to see in a room, they will no matter if they are walking by (yes, even through sheers) or through binoculars. BLT provides curtains so it's not like they weren't concerned about guests' privacy.
We left ours open the entire time and chuckled over the thought people might look in (and no, we didn't give anyone a "show")!!!

My parents were creeped out but my Mom's exact words: I have unpacked and I have no intention of packing everything up, moving, unpacking again. It is not how I want to spend my vacation.

I cannot imagine one of the odd number first floor rooms! Wow! :(

Understand the need for naps and the stress of vacation with little ones, but c'mon tell us the truth isn't the real stress your parents! :crazy:

Oh...okay, thanks for clarifying that! I thought there was NO covering for the bedrooms on the ground floor. LOL...we always keep everything wide open in our theme park view at BLT during the day....figure people on the monorail go by too quickly to see anything interesting. But nighttime is always the heavy drapes in the sleeping area. Unless we are on the deck enjoying the fireworks. So getting a standard view to save points will be back in "the plan".

Now that I think about it, when we stay at BWV we always go to the "quiet pool". The rooms on the ground floor are very easy to see into even with "sheer drapes", even during the day and especially when lights are on...I always try to avert my eyes and look down at the sidewalk.

gdrj....LOL, my thoughts exactly. If one plans it right and brings along the grandparents for some "help" with the little ones it can really work out great. But it takes ALOT of pre-planning and pre-understanding of expectations and rules. We are not yet at the G-P stage of our lives....but my rule is I won't take any GK (alone) until they are potty trained; and NO bratty behavior. Family trips: I will "take charge of the kids" every third day. I will probably eat those words in five years or so! :)

We've stayed there, too, and I wasn't impressed with anything except the short walk to MK. (You can't beat it!!!) I think they are very liberal with what they consider a "lake" view and a "magic kingdom" view.Obviously they are a business trying to make a buck, but I just wish you would actually get what you pay for when you are paying good money for it! I would expect that to include sheers:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter