BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Thanks for the extra information. I've still got a couple of months before making my request, so that can be spent on more research (and possibly buying a 50-75 point BLT, if the price is right).

Thanks for the extra information. I've still got a couple of months before making my request, so that can be spent on more research (and possibly buying a 50-75 point BLT, if the price is right).

I think the wording you are looking for for your request is "even number room, middle or north tower", if you are still leaning that way. It is a certainly the most common standard category request so the likelihood of it being filled would not be high IMHO, but you never know. Also, I find the best source of BLT room locations is on touring plans, at the moment anyway.

Hi all. Just want to start a discussion regarding TPV rooms. My understanding regarding TPV floors is that the rooms START on the 5th floor. However a couple years ago we were put in a 1BDRM TPV on the FOURTH floor. When I told the CM that those rooms don't start until the 5th floor he insisted that there are indeed TPV rooms also on the 4th floor. Fast forward to yesterday when I called to reconfirm my room "request" for our stay in a couple of weeks. Now I put in "8th floor or higher if possible please". I never thought I'd have to request a TPV room floor because honestly even the 5th floor is still a nice view, but after being put on the 4th floor I don't want to take any chances. When I discussed this issue with the CM she looked at her system and it said that TPV rooms "start on the 3rd floor"???
I don't understand what is happening here. Are the room categories being adjusted? Who do we reach out to to find out why/ what's going on?

Really on the 3rd Floor, that is news to me. We were in a studio on the fourth floor XX18 and were told it was a Theme Park View. We could see the castle easily. However we got a lot of noise from people coming in from the parking lot. Many seem to think, yelling is okay when you are coming into a building. The sounds carried right up into to our room as we had left the door open because of the nice weather. I prefer a more quiet room higher up. I was really surprised as others had reported the 4th floor and lower as standard view. I think I will write to Member Satisfaction dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com to get a real answer.​

Last edited:
I just checked Touringplans.com to see what rooms they show as TPV and they show it starts on the fourth floor. It will be interesting to hear what Member Satisfaction says.

I believe the room we stayed in on the 4th floor (which was considered MK view) was room #7320. They were at full capacity (bummer cuz we got there early in the day too).... so we stayed in that room the first night and they moved us to a higher floor the next day (and we were only there for 3 nights in total).

As the trees grow higher and higher those lower rooms will have an obstructed view of the MK (I would imagine??).

DenLo... it will be interesting to hear what you find out. Thank you for reaching out to DVC.

MrsB

Really on the 3rd Floor, that is news to me. We were in a studio on the fourth floor XX18 and were told it was a Theme Park View. We could see the castle easily. However we got a lot of noise from people coming in from the parking lot. Many seem to think, yelling is okay when you are coming into a building. The sounds carried right up into to our room as we had left the door open because of the nice weather. I prefer a more quiet room higher up. I was really surprised as others had reported the 4th floor and lower as standard view. I think I will write to Member Satisfaction dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com to get a real answer.​

I hope you get an answer. For the reallocation that they did there it actually seemed like there couldn't be any MK views on the 4th floor anymore much less on the 3rd floor. If BLT room assignor is using those for MK views that is not good. :sad2:

I hope you get an answer. For the reallocation that they did there it actually seemed like there couldn't be any MK views on the 4th floor anymore much less on the 3rd floor. If BLT room assignor is using those for MK views that is not good. :sad2:

Yeah, I was so disappointed when we received the "room ready" text and saw what room it was (as I keep a picture of the chart on my phone lol). We were in Epcot and stopped what we were doing to go all the way back to the BLT to tell them there had been a mistake. Because it was early in the day we figured there was still plenty of time and it could be corrected. Sadly there were absolutely no rooms available for that evening.

Hopefully we will get some clarification from DVC.

Hi all. Just want to start a discussion regarding TPV rooms. My understanding regarding TPV floors is that the rooms START on the 5th floor. However a couple years ago we were put in a 1BDRM TPV on the FOURTH floor. When I told the CM that those rooms don't start until the 5th floor he insisted that there are indeed TPV rooms also on the 4th floor. Fast forward to yesterday when I called to reconfirm my room "request" for our stay in a couple of weeks. Now I put in "8th floor or higher if possible please". I never thought I'd have to request a TPV room floor because honestly even the 5th floor is still a nice view, but after being put on the 4th floor I don't want to take any chances. When I discussed this issue with the CM she looked at her system and it said that TPV rooms "start on the 3rd floor"???
I don't understand what is happening here. Are the room categories being adjusted? Who do we reach out to to find out why/ what's going on?

Hmmm....we have a 1bd TPV booked for October and will be very interested to see what Disney says what floor TPV starts. (We are dvc owners at BLT) Wonder too who they give priority too when request are made for high floors etc.

I received a partial answer from DVC member satisfaction. I was called while I was driving to the dentist yesterday. I was told that there are no Theme Park rooms on the third floor. That the lockoff 2BRs TPV rooms are on the third floor. However the CM I spoke too could not provide the room numbers that are theme park view for the 3rd or 4 floors. She also stated that for dedicated 2BRs the Theme Park views start on the 5th floor. I will be talking to someone at BLT this morning to see if they can give me answers as to what room numbers are TPV on the 3, 4, and 5 floor. BTW, I was given a phone number to call BLT from the Celebration CM who I spoke with yesterday. Hopefully using her name I will get someone to give me more answers.

I am not really positive she gave me a correct answer. So don't get excited yet.

The reallocation was done before my time. Were members given the exact changes and are they adhering to those changes? Is there a place (a thread) that discusses the allocations done in the past?

The reallocation was done before my time. Were members given the exact changes and are they adhering to those changes? Is there a place (a thread) that discusses the allocations done in the past?

They did announce how many units were changed I believe. And that's why it became apparent that the only way that was done removed TPV from the 3rd floor (and there were lots of complaints about it) and probably removed it from the 4th floor too. It's almost sounding like they've forgotten about it. :confused3

I was told that there are no Theme Park rooms on the third floor. That the lockoff 2BRs TPV rooms are on the third floor. However the CM I spoke too could not provide the room numbers that are theme park view for the 3rd or 4 floors. .

I assume that you meant you were told there are TPV rooms on the 3rd floor since the next sentence says there are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!