BLT Waitlist Came Thru!!! Need advice on room request

Snoopygirl

DIS Veteran
I am beyond excited :cheer2: I got a confirmation email that my BLT waitlist came through for late Jan for 5 nights in a 1 BR!!! We have never stayed here and I have always thought I wouldn't want to because of the modern theme but I had a change of heart and waitlisted it and tried not to get my hopes up....then today it happened!!

So tell me about this resort and what you love about it and all the details....and also about the 1BR standard view.

Also, any good tips for certain room/area requests?

Thanks!!!! :)

I’m so happy for you, congratulations! Wish I had some info to share but we have not stayed there yet, it’s on the wish list.

Can't tell you about BLT as we haven't stayed there yet, but wanted to say how pleased I am for you that your wait list came through :)

Congrats! I believe you'll enjoy BLT for its ease of access to MK, the ability to jump on the monorail, the restaurants, and for the slice of history it provides being such an icon. We loved our stay in a 1BR a couple of years back--the extra bathroom is wonderful. The theming is actually better than you might think. While it's not in the league of, say, WL or GF, it does have the appeal of being a bit more sleek and contemporary (ha!) than other hotels. At least, that's the theme Disney attempts unlike much of their newer builds and refurbs that put the capital B into Bland. As for requests, I will say that I'm no expert there, so perhaps others will come along to chime in. To that end, you might consider altering your title to something like "BLT Waitlist Came Thru--Looking for Room Requests." There is also a BLT lovers thread somewhere here, too. All that aside, we preferred being near the walkway to the Contemporary for ease of access and the views afforded us toward the pool and the lake. Regardless, you got your room and you'll have a grand time!

Yeah! We love BLT and the convince to MK. We also love how easy it is to visit other resorts for a quick service meal or drink. Between the monorail and the boat to WL, gives you a nice option.

One thing we did when kids were younger was take that boat for a ride around the lake. Got on and just didn’t get off when it stopped at WL and FW. It was a nice relaxing way to just do something.

We stayed in a 1br standard at BLT for our very first DVC stay. Our then 6-yo walked in and exclaimed, "THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING HOTEL ROOM I'VE EVER SEEN!!!"

Room requests - we've always had good luck requesting even numbered room, highest floor possible, north wing. You'll get a decent view of MK and fireworks. (Pessimists will point out that you get a view of the parking lot too; my response - stop looking down!) We were on the 2nd floor, center (in a 2br) last time, and still had a great view of the fireworks. Castle was blocked by the trees but since it was winter, we could still see it through the trees.

The highest floor you will get is likely 4 or 5.

Also I wouldn't bother with near/far from elevator as a request - there's 2 banks and you're never far from at least one of them.
Also also - it's pretty easy to get to WL from the Contemporary, so do have a meal or walk around there, the boat ride between Contemporary, FW and WL is really nice, and Artist Point is one of our favorite restaurants, both before and after it got switched to a character meal.

I just got back from a 2 bedroom stay and I loved it! It was so easy to go back to the room for a break, plus the security on the walkway to MK is much easier to get through. Everything was very clean and while the theming is not over the top there are definitely nice touches. I would request an even numbered room. Even if you are not on the North side the south side has an amazing view of the contemporary. I ended up with an even number on the south side and honestly I might request that again. It is also closer to the bridge to the contemporary which does save some steps when you have tired legs.
Have fun! I’ve only been back a few days and I’m already plotting the next trip.

We always request a high floor. We've been on 16 several times, which is great because it can be a hassle going to TOWL otherwise.

Congrats! Having your WL come through is such a thrill, isn't it?
I'm hoping for one more night so I can switch from BCV to BLT for our Christmas vacation next month (12/28-1/2). I just need a 1BR LV on 12/30 and I will be all set.
Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!