BLT wear and tear

Not BLT, but our unit at BWV that we just stayed in was gross...there are no other words. We won't stay there again until it's fully renovated.

I guess I can tell DH that his plan to stay at BLT instead "because it's newer and can't be in that bad of shape" is out:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, why is DVC allowing the existing units to look trashed but yet building seemingly endless newer units?

Because they make millions of dollars building and selling.

Increasing the refurb schedule would cost members more and dues would increase. High dues would keep new prospects from buying.

Remember it's all about making money, not about providing a superior product and keeping owners happy.

:earsboy: Bill

Because they make millions of dollars building and selling.

Increasing the refurb schedule would cost members more and dues would increase. High dues would keep new prospects from buying.

Remember it's all about making money, not about providing a superior product and keeping owners happy.

:earsboy: Bill

That is just sad. Think of the high-end timeshare chains (marriott, westin). I've never stayed in a Marriott timeshare that didn't look great...renovated, kept-up, great. There is no excuse for DVC allowing this upkeep issue to continue. Higher dues would be a cop-out. Marriott seems to do just fine without continually raising dues. I just don't get it. Disney has location sure, but if the quality continues to decline the location won't compensate for the lack-of-upkeep.

We are avid timeshare traders, and we do quite well trading into various properties (including DVC) via RCI and II. Once DVC affiliated with RCI a few years ago, I had a bad feeling that they would start going downhill quality-wise. II and RCI have very different inventories...II is really where I trade through for high-end stuff. RCI, well...it has it's uses for me no doubt, but not when I'm looking for a high-end trade. When DVC was with II, I felt good about owning DVC. Now, I want to sell my DVC points.

DH and I have gone back-and-forth about it, but it's easy enough to trade into DVC via RCI and the quality level just isn't there anymore. I own a ton of timeshares...DVC was bought resale and was still our most $$$ purchase by a factor of 10. It is also the lowest-quality timeshare we own right now...how sad. I don't want to be an owner anymore, nevermind purchase new points. This is all because of the decline in quality. My parents are also on-the-fence about selling their 400+ DVC points for the reason of lack-of-upkeep. Sad, sad, sad if you ask me.

I think the issue with most timeshares is that they are week to week (everyone checks in and out on the same day) and with DVC, people are staying one night, two nights, seven nights, whatever they have points for. So there is a lot more turnover.

The other timeshares we have stayed at required us to get our own towels mid-week and take out our own trash, plus do things when we were leaving that DVC doesn't require. They aren't treated like hotels where there are housekeepers to clean up constantly after the guests. So DVC requires more housekeeping because a lot of guests treat DVC like a hotel. Housekeeping is a big expense for DVC. You just need to look at the annual budget to see that. Housekeeping is about 25% of the annual budget.

And with that many housekeepers, you are bound to get some better and some not so good. I'm sure Disney is constantly hiring housekeepers.

We just returned from a weeklong stay at BLT in 2 different rooms. In my opinion, both rooms were pretty rough. The couches in both rooms were very dirty - we had to have one couch cushion replaced. The furniture and finishings in both rooms were nicked and scraped. The carpets in both rooms was worn and our second room 7818, smelled like a pair of old gym shoes.

It was our first stay there and we love the facility (it's our home resort) but I have to say we were fairly disappointed in how this relatively new resort is aging. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Stayed there this past January & we noticed the same thing, the couch looked like it was bought at a 2nd hand store & the carpets were stained as well. :scared1::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter