Blue bayou- no soup or salad?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Thread comparing Monte Cristos mentions soup/salad are no longer included at Blue Bayou?! The user ordered a sandwich so I’m looking for anybody else with recent experience- is this across the board for all menu items? (I’m hoping it’s just another never ending change to their attempt at including sandwhiches here and doesn’t affect the other main course items.) Any other major changes there recently?

I called Disney Dining this morning to ask about this. We have BB reservations coming up and I want to know what to expect. They said entrees come with a starter but you can order only a starter or only dessert if you want to.
Well that's thoroughly confusing! Do report back on your experience!

I called Disney Dining this morning to ask about this. We have BB reservations coming up and I want to know what to expect. They said entrees come with a starter but you can order only a starter or only dessert if you want to.

Howdy....I'm the one who posted that the MC sandwich doesn't come with a soup or salad anymore at BB. I wonder if Disney Dining is saying that the other main entrees (not sandwiches) are the things that come with the starter.....but FOR SURE MC sandwiches do not come with them anymore. Sad. We were also really surprised by how small the sandwiches are now. Last time, with the soup/salad starter, we could not finish the sandwich, and ended up taking half for dinner. We thought it was a fantastic deal for the price. But now, without the starter, and the small sandwich, we had no leftovers, and weren't really all that full after lunch. Maybe they hope you will have room for dessert, lol!

Last edited:
Exactly! I've asked Disneyland on Twitter. I expect an answer in a couple hours, they're usually pretty good about responding.

Howdy....I'm the one who posted that the MC sandwich doesn't come with a soup or salad anymore at BB. I wonder if Disney Dining is saying that the other main entrees (not sandwiches) are the things that come with the starter.....but FOR SURE MC sandwiches do not come with them anymore. Sad. We were also really surprised by how small the sandwiches are now. Last time, with the soup/salad starter, we could not finish the sandwich, and ended up taking half for dinner. We thought it was a fantastic deal for the price. But now, without the starter, and the small sandwich, we had no leftovers, and weren't really all the full after lunch. Maybe they hope you will have room for dessert, lol!

Oh, boy. Gottalovepluto, please get back to us when you get a response.
I have to say that when I posted earlier I wasn't feeling confidant in the answer I got because of the posts I've read that have been contrary to it. We love BB's atmosphere but if a starter does not come with the (now smaller) monte cristo then...maybe Cafe Orleans is making more sense for us. DDs have been looking forward to it so much. It's a highlight for us. How much do you overlook?

....wait? So you can order starter with dessert? That would be wonderful, because we've never gone there before because we've never really cared for the selections on the menu (plus it's pricey if you're not going to enjoy the food).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter