Blue Membership cards - I assume still need?

There were a few times a couple of years ago that we left the room with no ID or anything but our magic bands. One time we drove to Boardwalk to have dinner and enjoy the area (we we're staying at animal kingdom). When we went to drive in the security guard was unhappy with our decision to not have any ID and he gave us a lecture. I must admit it felt very freeing...but we always brought ID after that...

No way they make the discounts automatic. As the OP noted they most often just forget to ask for the discount. Disney is counting on you using the available discount as a reason to purchase but then forget to use it when it comes time. They'll lose significantly more money by automatically applying discounts in the parks.

There were a few times a couple of years ago that we left the room with no ID or anything but our magic bands. One time we drove to Boardwalk to have dinner and enjoy the area (we we're staying at animal kingdom). When we went to drive in the security guard was unhappy with our decision to not have any ID and he gave us a lecture. I must admit it felt very freeing...but we always brought ID after that...

You drove without your drivers license with you? That's really thinking your in a bubble but your not. If stopped you should have ticketed.

I really don't understand the big deal about carrying ID. It's a tiny card. But then I still think that they actually could have skipped the MB's too and stuck with less expensive card stock. I've adjusted to it but I always thought that since you need to carry ID then carrying the second card didn't matter. I didn't realize so many have such a desire to not have ID on them.

You drove without your drivers license with you? That's really thinking your in a bubble but your not. If stopped you should have ticketed.

I really don't understand the big deal about carrying ID. It's a tiny card. But then I still think that they actually could have skipped the MB's too and stuck with less expensive card stock. I've adjusted to it but I always thought that since you need to carry ID then carrying the second card didn't matter. I didn't realize so many have such a desire to not have ID on them.

I know...it was a bad idea! It really wasn't about carrying the ID...it was more a thought process of "we are on vacation and all we need are these magic bands!" We've never done it again! Thank goodness we didn't get pulled over...it would have stunk to get a ticket while in my Disney bubble!

In a little plastic zip bag I hang on my lanyard - I put my license, Chase Visa, AP, DVC card and a few coins to toss in the fountain...grab my phone and MB and off to the parks I go!

Good thinking, except I would replace the ring that attaches the zip bag to the lanyard with a key ring that will insure the bag doesn't fall off, like one of these. The small metal link Disney provides with the zip bag has a gap that the bag can slip off. I lost my one day in Adventureland, and luckily found it within minutes. Next trip I had the key ring to attach my zip bag to the lanyard.

I was raised to always carry photo ID and my health insurance card... especially while traveling on vacation.

What's the reason not to? No pockets?

Excellent question. If you don't want to carry a billfold get a card case that is much smaller and place the appropriate IDs in it. I now carry a small purse just for the necessities.

Someone said the other day they had recently received a 'Silver' DVC Member card - never heard of such a thing, has anyone else seen one?

Maybe they were color blind, never heard of silver either.
Maybe they are the new cards they are going to send out instead of the blue ones. You know there are some of us "deplorable" resale owners:teeth: that have the blue cards that were not supposed to have gotten them.

Maybe they are the new cards they are going to send out instead of the blue ones. You know there are some of us "deplorable" resale owners:teeth: that have the blue cards that were not supposed to have gotten them.

I was wondering what could be in the making and whether one slipped out early before an announcement.

I was wondering what could be in the making and whether one slipped out early before an announcement.
I figure they will make new ones and and some point some owners who are supposed to get those will be shipped one of these as well. Who knows? Makes no difference to me.

Good thinking, except I would replace the ring that attaches the zip bag to the lanyard with a key ring that will insure the bag doesn't fall off, like one of these. The small metal link Disney provides with the zip bag has a gap that the bag can slip off. I lost my one day in Adventureland, and luckily found it within minutes. Next trip I had the key ring to attach my zip bag to the lanyard.

Excellent question. If you don't want to carry a billfold get a card case that is much smaller and place the appropriate IDs in it. I now carry a small purse just for the necessities.

Or you could just slip them all into "the vault"... tell me I'm the only lady who didn't think of this :P

https://www.dailyedge.ie/storing-stuff-in-your-bra-is-great-2401019-Oct2015/

Last edited:
Never leave your villa without your ID. I always carry the credit card, ID, insurance card, etc. Luckily for us that I had them when my husband wound in the ER in the hospital in Celebration following an evening RunDisney event.

You changed my life when I first saw you post about that. I now carry those things. Love my witz brand “see it safe” card holder!

I never brought my license in the age of Magic Bands and never once this was a problem

If you’re ever carded for alcohol and don’t have it, you’ll have the problem.

Disney embraced technology that basically eliminates the need to bring cash or credit card, paper tickets, paper fastpasses, reservation details, paper maps, etc.

They didn’t, though.

It was a marketing tool for about 5 minutes when someone reminded them that FL still requires carding on occasion, that you need a card and ID to get a discount, that their systems so go down and you need a credit card and maybe even some cash, etc.

You’ve bought into the marketing, but even they dropped that early on.

MB is *in addition to*, not a replacement of, those things.

it was more a thought process of "we are on vacation and all we need are these magic bands!"

Marketing; not reality.

Or you could just slip them all into "the vault"... tell me I'm the only lady who didn't think of this :P

https://www.dailyedge.ie/storing-stuff-in-your-bra-is-great-2401019-Oct2015/

Ew. Nothing that’s going to be touched by anyone other than you or your sweetheart should be put into a bra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter