• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BlueZoo review 10/22/2006

Robert P

GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a t
Disclaimer: As someone else picked up the tab on this meal, I don’t have some of my detailed information.

Sunday 10/22/2006:
Our party of 5 (3 adults, 2 children) arrived at the podium a few minutes early for a 6:00 ADR. We waited maybe 5 minutes while they pushed 2 tables together, and were seated right on time. The Zoo was about 20% occupied. Several of the other parties appeared to be associated with a technology convention that was going on in the Dolphin that day. Our server was a very pleasant young lady, whose name I do not recall (see disclaimer). She was excellent, as has been the service on our previous trips. The kids were given crayons and a sheet to color, while the adults looked over the menu and the wine list.

We started off by ordering the kids meals of grilled chicken breast with vegetables for both children. The 3 adults decided to share the littlenecks clam flatbread. This is one of the best appetizers on property, and was very good as always. We then ordered the adult entrees, and got salmon, the double pork chop, and some sort of roasted chicken. This was my big letdown of the evening, as they were out of swordfish, so the paella swordfish from last trip was not available. I really, really had planned to order that, and while the salmon was excellent, it just wasn’t the paella swordfish I had my mind set on.
I am writing an entire section here about the bread. WOW. This, to us, remains the best bread basket at WDW. The fennel butter worked perfectly with the 3 kinds of bread we had. I was especially pleased this visit with the parmesan flatbread ‘cracker’, which I so thin it sometimes gets over cooked. The foccaccia (?) type bread was excellent too.

Back to the entrees.
The double pork chop was very good, but carried some sort of heat (maybe cayenne) in the sauce, that wasn’t mentioned on the menu. Still very good, but a bit much for my wife, who doesn’t like even moderately hot food. The chicken, I must say, was a disappointment. The presentation was wonderful, but the chicken was very dry, and had no noticeable flavor, even on the outside where it had been cooked/smoked or whatever. It came with some kind of mozzarella ‘fritter’, which turned out to be what I can only describe as a round shaped, heavily breaded and fried slice of cheese. The grilled chicken breast off of the kids menu tasted much better than this entrée.

With the salmon, I also ordered a side dish of the lobster broccoli stuffed cheddar potato, which was good, and had some noticeable chunks of lobster.
During the meal, I finally tried the Zooberry martini, which was excellent, and got to taste another from the drink menu, the Caribbean, which was good, in its own fruit juicy way. We skipped dessert and coffee this evening, as we were stuffed from cleaning out the bread basket.

Aside from the lack of swordfish (which can happen), and the disappointment with the adult chicken entrée, overall this was another excellent meal at BlueZoo. Service remains some of the best on property every visit, and the other food items were top notch as well. As someone else picked up the tab this meal, I don’t have my usual cost update (sorry). This was the one meal of the trip that I took pictures of the entrees. If I can ever figure out how to include them in my post, I will get them added later.

Thanks for your review. This is the one restaurant that I want to try but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks for the review..onsite now and have ADR's for tomorrow night...can't wait! :cool1:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter