Boarded Eclipse today

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
In Buenos Aires Argentina which is a vibrant beautiful city with old and new architecture, and wonderful food! It’s a lovely ship, and we overnight here, so will be seeing more before we leave.

This is our first Celebrity sailing, and they transferred status from RCCL. Coffee in AM, not available in special lounge until 8AM, which is late, ( we have shore excursions leaving at 8 on this cruise) but everything else we see looks good to go!

Anyone have anything special to tell us about the Eclipse?

My parents will be on the Eclipse from LA to Hawaii in late October.
You'll have to give me your thoughts about the ship.
I know my parents will be dining at the French restaurant on board and that they have a balcony but their view is of a lifeboat lol.

Today the individual women performers put on a special show in the Eclipse Theater at 2:30. They sang songs by women, “R e s p e c t” and songs about women “ Pretty Woman” and they were fabulous!

This morning there was a talk about Whales by a professor, that I enjoyed very much. Here’s hoping we see one or some on this voyage.

The Captain’s Club Celebration was early this afternoon, good drink, good music, but a nice opportunity to meet many officers and the captain, Captain Leonardos Palaiokrassas. We were happy to make his acquaintance, he adds humor in his announcements, and I wanted to thank him.

Last edited:

South America is on my bucket list (only been as far south as the Panama Canal). I'm jealous.

Our balcony is not a good one....it gets wet, very wet even if not raining. We watched water drip down from a pipe, maybe condensation. It is a premium priced cabin, and a disappointment.

In fact, the picture I took of the first days view has been only one of two times we had been able to sit there.

Have you spoken to guest services about it yet?
Actually no. Our neighbors, our friends have the same problem. I was going to leave it to comment card, as I think it is part of the structure of the ship. There’s this opening in a gutter, and we have seen it come down, but that doesn’t explain all the water.

B921DBE6-46B8-4DAB-9A24-E9BCA3443283.jpeg

So what I am doing is sitting by the sliding glass door, watching the water. I am doing fine...not perfect, but fine. Also, as we head south, the air is cooler, quite cool! Thankfully, it’s a see through balcony.

Two days ago, I saw many flying fish. I hope if we do come across a whale or two the captain will let everyone know.

D185006D-3D49-4A7B-B098-D7555103F11F.jpeg

This has been an excellent cruise. Neither Tom nor I is happy with main dining choices. We are choosing more and more to eat in the buffet upstairs, and are not complaining about the food.

Leaving Ushuaia today

642736CA-E916-4B46-9D50-396A0AA49CEB.jpeg

Inactive volcano....the sun came out just before we left Puerto Montt!

864DD169-0A0E-439B-9ACD-2C00303C2B16.jpeg

Captain Leo gave an excellent talk followed by Q&A. I learned a lot and a lot went over my head about navigation.

We did book a cruise that stops in Israel next year. This is our first Celebrity cruise, it will not be our last!

Captain Leo gave an excellent talk followed by Q&A. I learned a lot and a lot went over my head about navigation.

We did book a cruise that stops in Israel next year. This is our first Celebrity cruise, it will not be our last!
Hi Bobbi!

Glad you are having a great cruise. Have you sailed Princess? I was wondering how Celebrity compared as they are similar lines... We haven't tried Celebrity, but the new Edge looks very nice. We did just get off of the Regal Princess (which we LOVED), but always love more options!

Have a great cruise and if you are on the DVC member cruise this year, we hate that we're missing ya!

Hi Bobbi!

Glad you are having a great cruise. Have you sailed Princess? I was wondering how Celebrity compared as they are similar lines... We haven't tried Celebrity, but the new Edge looks very nice. We did just get off of the Regal Princess (which we LOVED), but always love more options!

Have a great cruise and if you are on the DVC member cruise this year, we hate that we're missing ya!
We have sailed Princess and will be on Princess in May as we are sailing Alaska and then doing a land cruise with them.

We were delighted with some aspects of Celebrity, disappointed with others. However, we did book a Mediterranean Cruise with them in October 2020 because of the itinerary and the things we liked, loved, about this cruise.

One disappointment is probably not Celebrity’s fault, but the ports we visited are not like Miami or Port Canaveral, and certain embarkation/debarkation structures were AWFUL. In Buenos Aires, we were climbing something akin to scaffolding, steps and ramps up to Deck 4! Since we overnighted there, we did this 3 times and the angle of the ramps varied due to tides. I and many others had a very difficult time. Celebrity Employees were wonderful, but anyone going on a cruise like this, should know it’s not like home!

The loyalty program was extended to us because of the number of RCCL cruises we have done. We each had a bag of laundry washed free, up to 30 pieces. Free scoops of delicious gelato. A dedicated place to have continental breakfasts including specialty coffee. Access to cocktail parties just about every day, and we got our bottled water there. There were more freebies, but these are the ones we attended.

Food in the buffet was EXCELLENT.... no doubts about it. The MENUS in the main dining were our main disappointments. We probably passed on the main dining 4-5 times during the 14 night cruise.

Staff, waitstaff and room steward were excellent. I have commented on the captain who was extraordinary!

We were pleased with the “chic” dining standards. Nice, not very formal, yes, there were tuxedos, and usually they were in a group of friends.

The production shows were definitely not up to DCL standards IMO, but some of the other entertainers were, singers and musicians particularly.

They showed The Green Book, A Star is Born, and Bohemian Rhapsody on the big screen on certain afternoons. They have a smaller room, perhaps 150 seats where they showed movies daily, and I watched Christopher Robin there ( my third time). Watched Moana on our TV.....watched a lot of HGTV too.

It was too chilly for us to swim, but there were some who did.

A very nice inclusion was the fact that Celebrity had a priest on board for daily Mass. This was especially appreciated because it is Lent. He is retired from parish work in California, but goes on Celebrity Cruises, he was going on a different ship as we disembarked. He has a Celebrity name tag. Daily Mass had 50-75 attendees, weekends many more, 2 Saturday and 1 Sunday. Two days ago, I sent Celebrity an e-mail commenting on Father’s presence. Today we received a telephone call AND e-mails, thanking us for the kind feedback.

I definitely feel that Celebrity appreciates our business.

Last edited:
@bobbiwoz - How do you find the attire during the day? I have been reading some on Cruise Critic - I was trying to decide if I should keep my Equinox Eastern (where I have been to 2 of the 4 ports and they are meh (San Juan) to ick (Nassau)...others are St Thomas and Tortola which are new to me) or change to Edge Western, an itinerary I have never done. And the description of day-wear is my normal cruise evening wear - sundresses, etc. with the only people in shorts and such those coming back from excursions. I’m starting to feel like I may be way too casual to cruise Celebrity. :(

@bobbiwoz - How do you find the attire during the day? I have been reading some on Cruise Critic - I was trying to decide if I should keep my Equinox Eastern (where I have been to 2 of the 4 ports and they are meh (San Juan) to ick (Nassau)...others are St Thomas and Tortola which are new to me) or change to Edge Western, an itinerary I have never done. And the description of day-wear is my normal cruise evening wear - sundresses, etc. with the only people in shorts and such those coming back from excursions. I’m starting to feel like I may be way too casual to cruise Celebrity. :(
DH agrees that on our cruise, casual wear was the norm during the day.
We often choose the cruise by itinerary. You may prefer the Edge for that reason alone!
Best wishes as you choose!:boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter