boarding other cruise ships

dancechick99

Earning My Ears
I talked to someone yesterday and they told me that when the were in Key West a few years ago they saw the Disney Magic docked there. They claim they were able to board the ship to see what it was like. Does anyone know if this can be done on other ships at other ports? I would love to see what other ships look like but in this day and age, security may be a little to tight to allow this.

In the old days (15-20 years ago) this was quite common. We were on a Mexican cruise many years ago on Sitmar and a friend of my mom's was on Princess. We walked right on her ship, found out her room number from a staff member, checked there and after walking around found her in one of the lounges. She took us on a tour of the ship and we chatted for a good hour or two.

I don't think Disney has ever let anyone on board for any tours but could be wrong.

In this day and age that just isn't possible. Security needs to be tight and that is why you need both your key to the world card and a photo id.

The only time that I know Disney has allowed tours is when the Magic and Wonder were both docked side by side in Nassau after Hurricane Floyd. We were able to show our Wonder KTTW cards and we were allowed on board.

have seen groups of big wigs come on the ship like the first time we docked in port for the western route ..... peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter