Boardwalk Inn or Beachclub???

MSparty

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney experts,
We are planning a trip to Disney with our 10 and 11 year olds. We originally booked the Beachclub for it's proximity to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and the great pool. We recently got word, that a discount at Boardwalk Inn opened up and we could stay there for about 25% less than what we would stay at BC. We have never been to either resort and really were just needing advice if this would be worth it. As of now, the kids just think our resort has a "good pool" and you can walk to Epcot....they haven't seen pictures! But, wondering if the pool and amenities at BWI would be great for our kids ages! Thanks for your input!

I have stayed at the Yacht Club which shares a pool with the Beach Club and stayed at the Boardwalk. I definitely think the pool area at BC is much nicer and bigger. The proximity issue is the same really for both resorts, however, at BW it is easier to walk to HS if you don't want to wait for a boat.

But, 25% is a lot when you are talking a Disney vacation. I guess it would depend on how much you expect your family to be at the resort and using the pool.

The Boardwalk and the Beach Club are both great. While the pool is pretty cool at the BC, it is more spread out and a little harder to watch younger ones. But pool at the Boardwalk is nice too! It has a pretty cool slide and the pool is quite large. They are both in the same location and you can walk to EPCOT and HS from both resorts. I prefer the theming of the Boardwalk more. There are more shops and restaurants at the Boardwalk as well. Sometimes there are performers in front of the Boardwalk as well.

I stayed at the Beach Club a lot growing up, but now am a DVC owner at the Boardwalk. I loved the pool at the BC but the pool is very spread out as previously mentioned. I like both resorts, but I feel the BW is better located as you can walk to Epcot and HS easier. It's about a 10 minute walk to Epcot and 15-20 minute walk to HS. Also, the Boardwalk now has it's own bus transportation to MK and AK which is nice. I think the BC is more geared to kids, but I personally like the atmosphere of the BW. You can't go wrong with either, but for the price, I think the BW is a better value.

We have stayed at both the BC and the YC several times. My kids don't want to stay anywhere else because they love the pool.

In this case, I would DEFINITELY take the discount. Yes the pool is way better at Beach Club. But that extra cash gives you so much more leverage for some nicer dining, maybe some hard-ticketed events, etc. Plus you're closer to the Studios without being any farther from Epcot. If someone told me I could save 25% on my room if I take a nice pool instead of a super nice pool, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

I stayed at Beach Club a few years ago and Boardwalk last year. I thought I wouldn't like Boardwalk too much since I was in love with BC.

Turns out, I liked Boardwalk better!

It's a perfect resort. Great theme and details throughout the whole thing, better than the BC in terms of themeing, IMO. Lots of little places to sit and relax. A nice lounge. And of course the Boardwalk itself is a great way to spend a night.

You can't go wrong with either they're both spectacular. And if you care about pools I would pick BC in a heartbeat. But for my money if I'm staying at the EPCOT resorts I'm going Boardwalk every time.

It really depends on what you want out of your vacation. If hanging at the pool is important then I would stick with BC, there is no better pool at WDW. It is spread out but there are lots of things to do at the pool, and your kids are older.
Dh and I stayed at BW for the first time last year and we really liked it but if I was going with my kids we'd stay at BC(my favorite resort). The pool at BW is nice, it has a good slide but that is about it. It doesn't compare to BC's pool.

Having said that, if you need to save the money, or you'd rather do something else at WDW with the money you save and the pool at the resort comes second to that, than there is nothing wrong with BW at all.

BWI is my favorite resort. We stayed there as our first "on site" stay as a family when my kids were 12, 10, 8, and 6--and they loved the BWI pool. I haven't stayed at BC, but I have stayed at YC which shares the pool with BC....but--the pool slide was closed my entire stay!!! Luckily, my kids were not with me on that trip, they would have been so disappointed, especially if that was the main reason we chose YC over BWI! I guess that kind of "tainted" my view of Stormalong bay a bit.

Hello Disney experts,
We are planning a trip to Disney with our 10 and 11 year olds. We originally booked the Beachclub for it's proximity to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and the great pool. We recently got word, that a discount at Boardwalk Inn opened up and we could stay there for about 25% less than what we would stay at BC. We have never been to either resort and really were just needing advice if this would be worth it. As of now, the kids just think our resort has a "good pool" and you can walk to Epcot....they haven't seen pictures! But, wondering if the pool and amenities at BWI would be great for our kids ages! Thanks for your input!
In this case I think it depends on how much time you plan to spend at the pool. If you're setting aside multiple days as resort days, I would stick to Beach Club because Stormalong Bay is significantly better than any other WDW pool. It has a huge pirate ship-themed slide, a lazy river complete with floaties, sand-bottomed pool, three hot tubs, etc. It's almost like a mini water park, and then Hurricane Hannahs is right there at the pool for food, and the walk-up window for Beaches & Cream ice cream is just steps away...

But if you're just looking for a nice swim here and there in between other activites, I would go with the price savings at Boardwalk. The pool there is very nice with a roller coaster-themed slide (just don't do it if the kids are scared of clowns). The Boardwalk Inn is also WDW's prettiest resort, imo.

I will add that I'm not sure why some posters are describing the short walk to Epcot & HS as advantages that Boardwalk has over Beach Club. Both resorts are in very close walking proximity to Epcot & and are also in walking distance to Hollywood Studios, so that benefit is pretty much a draw between the resorts. One might be a few minutes closer than the other, but that's it.

Last edited:
My kids both love BW. The BC might have a better pool, but my kids still had lots of fun on the BW pool slide. My kids also loved being able to walk to the bakery in the morning for breakfast. Our family just enjoys the whole atmosphere more at BW than BC. I loved the easy walk to HS and EP. Our bus service to MK was amazing during our whole trip. We never had to wait on a bus. We had such a wonderful stay there in December and can't wait to go back someday.

The YC/BC area is very nice and the pool is amazing. But the first time I ever visited Boardwalk (Thanksgiving 2010) I remember walking through the lobby, down the stairs and literally gasping when I turned the corner and walked on the Boardwalk. It is a truly amazing resort. Unfortunately I can never seem to find a room there! :guilty:

It's so nice and just makes me feel like I've left Disney.

With that said, your children are in that tween phase where they would be all about the pool at YC/BC. And the adults could still take a stroll on the Boardwalk at night. Overall the Epcot resort area is very special and there is no wrong choice.

I would definitely choose BWI to save the 25%.

Just make sure no one in your family has a fear of clowns :clown::rotfl2:

I've stayed at Beach Club - while the pool complex is great, I don't think it's worth hundreds of dollars over a week in comparison to the BWI. And it is darn near impossible to find one lounge chair, let alone a couple together, at Stormalong Bay during the afternoon.

With your kids ages, I would pick BWI. It has THE best pool slide on property. We would choose BWI even if the $$ was the same, but to save some it would BWI no questions asked.

That's not to say BC isn't a great resort, because it is. We just happen to prefer BWI.

We too have stayed at the BC and BWI many times. Like everyone has said the BC has a much better pool - but how often will you swim? We love love love the night time activities on the BW. Our kids are older and love to walk around the BWI. Ice cream at Ample Hill, goodies at the Bakery - the photo booths, etc. The pool is fine at the BWI - our kids had fun with the pool games - which they do at all the pools. To save the money I would stay at the BWI and splurge on something else.

For that kind of savings I would definitely switch to BWI, but the pool is not themed for young kids, I don't think. Your kids will be in love with the BC/YC pool, so don't show it to them if you are planning to switch!

For that kind of savings I would definitely switch to BWI, but the pool is not themed for young kids, I don't think. Your kids will be in love with the BC/YC pool, so don't show it to them if you are planning to switch!

I wouldn't necessarily agree that BWI pool is not themed for kids. It has a very whimsical old school boardwalk theme. BWI has been our son's favorite pool since our first stay when he was 7. He's now 15 and it's still his favorite.

Storm Along Bay is a great pool though.

You don't have to stay at BWI to enjoy the things on the boardwalk OP. Its a quick walk over from BC so if you do decide to stay there you can still see the night time entertainment on the boardwalk.

We love both resorts. While BC has my heart, for 25% off, I'd switch to BWI. The pool is our 2nd favorite on property, the dining options are great (FF is our favorite restaurant), and the theming is similar to that of YC and BC. Remember you can walk to BC and YC for their food choices, shopping etc.

As far as the walk to Epcot and DHS, despite what another poster said, there is a significant difference in terms of DHS. For Epcot, it is a difference of only a minute or 2, but for the Studios, if you cut through the Boardwalk Villas, you pop out in a spot where it is a significantly shorter walk. I'm thinking that from BWI, as far as outside and exposed to the elements, if you do it right, the walk could be as much as 10 min. shorter than from BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter