Boardwalk Parking when not staying there.

gdrj

Boardwalk owner since 1999
BWV owner here. Headed to Disney for XMAS, not staying on site this visit (points don't just replenish as quick as they need to :goodvibes)

We love to just walk the boardwalk and go to bakery etc, as well as want to see the Lobby for Xmas.

Can I park in the overflow lot across the street?

BWV owner here. Headed to Disney for XMAS, not staying on site this visit (points don't just replenish as quick as they need to :goodvibes)

We love to just walk the boardwalk and go to bakery etc, as well as want to see the Lobby for Xmas.

Can I park in the overflow lot across the street?

It depends, maybe, maybe not. If they have a large convention I wouldn't count on it. And at Christmas Time they are likely trying to keep people from using that lot for free parking and then going to EPCOT for the Candlelight Processional.

We were there last week ,no problem parking and we were staying @ OKW.They just asked why we were there ,told them we wanted to walk the boardwalk and that was that.

We were there last week ,no problem parking and we were staying @ OKW.They just asked why we were there ,told them we wanted to walk the boardwalk and that was that.

Yes, but the OP is not staying onsite for this trip. And even so, I have been turned away from parking there during special events, even when staying onsite. I isn't always available.

The only way to know for sure is to drive over and ask at the guard shack. If you are there for a legitimate reason (and visiting the boardwalk/seeing the lobby is legitimate) and they have space, they will let you park.

In the worst case, you can almost always valet park; that rarely fills up. It will cost you a few bucks, but might be worth it given the distance to the overflow lot.

Thanks for the feedback, it's kind of what I thought, a definite maybe. We have AP's so we are not trying to get away without paying to park,

Thanks for the feedback, it's kind of what I thought, a definite maybe. We have AP's so we are not trying to get away without paying to park,

With your AP, you could park for free at DHS and take the boat over to the BW.

was on vacation at WDW last week and was able to park at Boardwalk. Crowds very very light But was checked for magic band for current stay at gate. I asked if we wouldn't have been DVC members and staying on site (SSR) at that time if we would have been left in and was told no.
We also went into BC and was told the same thing. At BC we also had rsvp at Cape May so that helped .

With your AP, you could park for free at DHS and take the boat over to the BW.

Very true, and we will do that if needed, we are staying at bonnet creek and am hoping that I can just do the overflow lot to grab breakfast/coffee and walk the boards in the AM. As many long time visitors know there is so much more than just the parks and during busy seasons it just makes sense not to fight crowds to the parks 24/7. I am guessing it will depend on day and time of day. It's not like I would be parking there to take advantage of the very efficient busses haha.

Just an update, no problem parking at overflow lot, parked there 3 or 4 times over Xmas to visit boardwalk area, plenty of parking.

You can also always valet. If you have TiW and eat there at one of the restaurants that takes it the valet will be free (except for the tip).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter