Boardwalk to MGM Walkway Ever Get Jammed??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
We made heavy use of this path last Nov. and found it to be quicker than bus or boat between MGM and WS or MGM and Dolphin/Boardwalk. Is this route always lightly traveled or are there times when it's better to ride or sail due to congestion on the path?

Bill From PA

We use the path frequently when staying at BWV and have never seen more than a handful of people on the path. In fact, we walked back to BWV once after Fantasmic! and didn't see one other person on the way!

Bill,

After numerous trips at numerous times, I've been to Disney just about every volume period but Easter and Xmas Day. I've seen crowds that made me choke. But we love walking from MGM to EPCOT, and I have never, ever ran into more than a handful of people, and mostly between the Y&BC and EPCOT. I'm thinking I've honestly never seen anyone between the Swan/Dolphin and MGM. I just thought we were nuts....

Pat

Thanks, Pat & Pete,

I was concerned about traffic during the Fantasmic getaway in particular and other times in general. We had the path to ourselves on our early morning MGM park visits and noticed few people using it as we took the boat home. I guess most folks put in enough miles in the parks so they ride whenever possible. I'd rather be moving on foot than waiting for the bus.

Bill From PA

Hey Bill,

For what it's worth, we've tried the boat and the walkway after Fantasmic. Quite frankly, I can hoof it in about half the time. Anyway, it's quicker to the B&C when the wife is itching for a milkshake. If you've got the calves but not the tolerance for crowds, that's the way to go.

That path always seems to be empty. On our first trip (September 2001) we told many veterans we met about the path-- many didn't even seem to know about it. And it is usually faster- waiting for those pokey boats is a pain!

Just another post to say that we use the path and have never encountered more than 2 or 4 others on it, even after Fantasmic. We're always back in our BWV room before the first boat docks at the Swan/Dolphin. Sometimes in the morning, we will encounter a solitary jogger or two.

I also find it easier/less tiring to keep moving as opposed to standing in line waiting for the boat. We only take the boat (usually mid-day) if we want a boat ride! Anyway, I do not think you will ever find a crowd on that path - certainly never enough to impede your "rapid walking pace".

Yep, always empty when I've been on it! I'm not sure if it's because people usually want to ride instead of walk, or people just don't know about it. Either way, it's a great stroll!

Is this path clearly marked and/or easy to find?

I guess I've never had a reason to walk this way before but now that I'll be staying at BWV this info might come in handy!

Brenda

Brenda,

Coming from your direction I think you'd want to slide between JellyRolls and Atlantic Dance and hang a left at the canal. It should be marked. Just walk along the canal going away from S/D and the Boardwalk area.

Bill From PA

The largest number of bodies we've ever seen on the walkway at one time is *maybe* 8. It's a wonderful alternative and often much faster than the transportation system! We love that walkway! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter