Boardwalk View

Snowmiser

Mouseketeer
We are new owners and just got our membership number today so I am itching to make a reservation. I want to book two nights after Thanksgiving weekend since we'll be in Orlando with family and would love a quick stay. Standard view is already booked, but I can get water or boardwalk views. I'm thinking boardwalk view would be great during the holidays, but I've never been to BWV during the holidays. It will cost me 16 more points which isn't too bad, but I'm curious about people's opinions of boardwalk view.

We are new owners and just got our membership number today so I am itching to make a reservation. I want to book two nights after Thanksgiving weekend since we'll be in Orlando with family and would love a quick stay. Standard view is already booked, but I can get water or boardwalk views. I'm thinking boardwalk view would be great during the holidays, but I've never been to BWV during the holidays. It will cost me 16 more points which isn't too bad, but I'm curious about people's opinions of boardwalk view.

Pool/garden view and BW view are the same number of points, so if I had a choice, I'd pick BW view every time. It's so lovely to sit on the balcony in the morning and enjoy the lake and the BW below. And the view is really gorgeous once everything is all lit up at night. Some people have complained that BW view is too noisy, but we stayed in a BW view studio in January that was right over Big River Brewery and we didn't hear anything when our door to the balcony was closed.

I'm sold! Thanks for the feedback - I love the walk around the water and past YBC so I think being able to sit on my balcony and look at it would be amazing. If it is decorated for the holidays it will only make it that much better. Since it's a short stay, the point difference isn't too bad. Thanks again - I'm so excited to book.

I'm sold! Thanks for the feedback - I love the walk around the water and past YBC so I think being able to sit on my balcony and look at it would be amazing. If it is decorated for the holidays it will only make it that much better. Since it's a short stay, the point difference isn't too bad. Thanks again - I'm so excited to book.

I bet. Have a wonderful time! And congratulations on your membership. I remember how exciting it was to finally book and my first stay. It was eight years ago and it's still so clear. Oh how I love the BW!

Understand that if you are asking this question that means you first checked to see what was available. I advise if you have not done it yet, that you make the reservation immediately if not sooner, on-line if you can. Any time there is boardwalk view available at less than eight months out for that time of year, it could easily disappear very quickly and thus any delay right now may result in your inability to get it.

Book that BW view asap! The 7 month window for those nights is almost here. Those nights will quickly disappear as soon as that window opens.

You will not be disappointed, especially if you will be there the weekend after Thanksgiving. You will be able to see the higher level fireworks from Illuminations from you balcony - and after Thanksgiving, they start doing a special "Holiday Tag" at the end. AMAZING!

The separate boardwalk view category is what sealed it for me to keep my membership after my mom died. It used to be just preferred view and you could get either. The first time I booked at 11 months as a new member I ended up with quiet pool view I was really disappointed. After that I just booked standard view for less points rather than gamble. But when boardwalk view became a separate category, I couldn't resist it!

Thanks everyone - just booked my two nights in a boardwalk view 1 bedroom for 12/1 and 12/2! Just got my member number and access to the website today and I have already booked something. DH is having a good time laughing at me. We closed 4 weeks ago and just finally got the member number today so I was getting anxious with the 7 month window looming. Standard view was obviously gone, but I think it was a sign that boardwalk view was available. Thanks again for the feedback. We leave for a cash stay at BLT in 35 days and now I have my first trip to my home resort booked. So excited!

Thanks everyone - just booked my two nights in a boardwalk view 1 bedroom for 12/1 and 12/2! Just got my member number and access to the website today and I have already booked something. DH is having a good time laughing at me. We closed 4 weeks ago and just finally got the member number today so I was getting anxious with the 7 month window looming. Standard view was obviously gone, but I think it was a sign that boardwalk view was available. Thanks again for the feedback. We leave for a cash stay at BLT in 35 days and now I have my first trip to my home resort booked. So excited!

Wonderful. :goodvibes

Congrats! :thumbsup2

You'll love the view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter