Boardwalk Villas Trip Report - Photos Included

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
Hi!
We spent September 26 - 30 in a 1BR Villa at the Boardwalk. We had room 2116 which was about 10 miles from the elevator. Seriously, I thought everyone was exaggerating when they complained about the long hallways but now I understand what you are saying! In December '03 I stayed in a studio (2085) and it was rather close to the elevator so no complaints on that trip.

Our view was of the quiet pool:
bwview.jpg

The Unit was very nice. A few things we saw upon arrival were: The entry light was burned out, wear and tear around wood furnishings (especially bathroom mirrors), and pen marks on sofa arm. Maintenance came quickly to put in a new light so that was very nice.

We really enjoyed our accomodations because we have 5-month-old. We made full use of the washer/dryer and the living room. She'd take her naps in the pack-n-play in our bedroom while we watched movies and hung out in the tv room. The refrigerator and freezer were great, too, because we had to store her milk each day.

This is our 6th stay in the Epcot Resort area and although the location and resort were very very nice, we really missed the Wilderness Lodge. We already have plans to stay there next April/May. We wished we were closer to the MK because that is the park we would have preferred to spend the most time at. This trip we spent most of our time at Epcot because we were so close. We also enjoyed the proximity to Studios.

Other places we've stayed in the past that we have this trip to compare to are: Dolphin (2xs), Swan (1 time), BCV (2BR, 1 time), BWV (studio, 1 time), and WL (Courtyard View, 1 time) and SSR (studio, 2xs).

Some places we ate at were: Mama Melrose, Tubbi's Buffeteria, Yacht Club Galley, Spoodles, Jiko, Boma, Crystal Palace, Restaurant Akershus Princess Storybook, and Beaches n Cream.

If you have any questions, please ask. Otherwise, here are a few miscellaneous photos from our trip:
pooh.jpg

castle.jpg

beaches.jpg

nose.jpg

Thanks for sharing - what a cute daughter you have! I agree that with her age, you might enjoy the proximity to MK more next time.

Guess your touring plans have changed a bit since your last visit. Looks like lots of Dumbo and character meetings in your near future. I sometimes miss those days, as we spent our last visit running from one roller coaster attraction to the next, and even riding RnRC three times in a row, with our DS12 and DD10.

Thanks for posting your pics!! Your dd is just PRECIOUS!!! Looking at her just reminds me how ready I am to have another baby!!! (We're still working on that one, though! ;) )

I agree with you about VWL....we absolutely ADORE BCV and will probably always stay there, but I do miss VWL. We used to own 200 pts there, and sold them to buy more BCV. I think we might have to consider a partial stay there soon just to get a few nights in near MK. The problem is, dh HATES moving and dd won't give up SAB for anything in the world!! Maybe BCV will just have to be "full" a few nights of our stay in the future! ;)

I also agree about the washer/dryer....the first time we took our dd to WDW she was 11 months old, and ended up in the hospital with a virus. We learned that we need to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. The second time we went, dd had some fluid in her ears (no infection) so her doctor put her on antibiotics to be safe...he said she would be fine to go. We get to WDW, and she has a bad reaction to the medicine...total diahrrea (which she ends up getting a bladder infection from [she was still wearing diapers]) AND throw-up . Needless to say, the washer and dryer came in VERY handy that trip!!

DH says we are NEVER staying in a studio as long as we have small kids. I agree, but really like the point savings on Fri and Sat....so, another dilemma in our family!

:wave:

Beca

Thank you for posting your pictures! You DD is beautiful!!! Enjoy all of your stays where ever they are!

I see your hidden mickey!

Bobbi :flower:

thanks for your report, have booked BWV for next Aug with my 11 year old. Best wishes, Ruth

Ruth B said:
thanks for your report, have booked BWV for next Aug with my 11 year old. Best wishes, Ruth
I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! It truly is a beautiful resort!

We were right down the hall from you those same nights! (2123) We had the room in the turret above the stairs to the bus stop and parking lot. Our walk down the hall was a bit longer than yours, but I really don't mind it. I prefer to walk inside the hall than out in the heat/sun/rain.

I'd love to stay at WLV sometime because of the theme, but we never can seem to give up our Epcot/MGM location and lower points (standard view).

Lora said:
We were right down the hall from you those same nights! (2123) We had the room in the turret above the stairs to the bus stop and parking lot. Our walk down the hall was a bit longer than yours, but I really don't mind it. I prefer to walk inside the hall than out in the heat/sun/rain. .
Yours was a 1BR?

Good point about the difference between indoor and outdoor hallways in the weather.

Thank you for sharing yoru trip report. Your photos of your daughter are adorable!

CRSNDSNY said:
Yours was a 1BR?

Good point about the difference between indoor and outdoor hallways in the weather.

Right. It's larger than a normal 1BR. The living area is probably twice the size of a reg. 1BR and the kitchen is along one wall instead of a little square. The only thing that's smaller is the shower and that part of the bathroom. The bedroom part is normal. It has three sets of doors that lead to a large balcony in the living area, plus one more from the bedroom to a small balcony. We've had this room before as well as the one above it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter