BOG for dinner

horse11

DIS Veteran
can you request what room you want to sit in when you have a reservation for BOG for dinner?

I requested when I checked in so we were not sitting in the West Wing because my MIL is hard of hearing under normal circumstances. They said sure thing and they sat us in the library.

can you request what room you want to sit in when you have a reservation for BOG for dinner?
We were able to choose our room when we were there at the end of March. We didn’t want the ballroom as we’d already sat in that one and he said we could sit in whichever room we wanted. He did have to ‘check with Mrs. Potts’ before confirming our selection though so I’m guessing it may not always be possible to choose.

You can always ask when you check in, and they will try to accommodate you. We requested the ballroom since we did west wing at breakfast and they were more than happy to seat us there.

You can ask when you get to the door, but chances are they've already assigned you a table.
even if they have assigned a table hopefully they can change it even if we had to wait a little longer. We have a 4:00 pm ADR which is the earliest dinner reservation you can make so hopefully it would be easier for us to get our requested room

even if they have assigned a table hopefully they can change it even if we had to wait a little longer. We have a 4:00 pm ADR which is the earliest dinner reservation you can make so hopefully it would be easier for us to get our requested room
You should be just fine requesting a room with a 4:00 ADR. Ours was for 4:35 so not much later than yours.

We have only sat in the ballroom. It was fine and i hadn't really thought about requesting a different room. Any particular reason you want to choose something else? Just out of total curiosity....

We have only sat in the ballroom. It was fine and i hadn't really thought about requesting a different room. Any particular reason you want to choose something else? Just out of total curiosity....
They are each a different experience. We found the Ballroom quite chaotic when we sat in there. I prefer the West Wing for its theming and light/sound effects. My daughter likes the Rose Gallery best because she felt it was quieter and not so busy.

Doesn't it storm or the lights flicker or something in the WW? I cant remember and its been a few years since we went, and we only glanced into the other rooms as we had a FP we were going to miss. The Rose gallery is the one with the big statue of Belle and Beast dancing, right?

Every dinner we had gone we were seated in the ballroom, so this last time I asked if we could sit in the west wing. We were there near the restaurant opening for dinner so it wasn't busy yet. The guy said it would be an additional 15 minute wait, but we waited about 30 seconds before being seated again. I wouldn't sit in there again, it was loud and dark and tons of people come in to take pictures. I think I prefer the ballroom.

Our first time at BOG we were seated in the West Wing and the portrait of the beast that changes scared my daughter. The following year when we checked in we asked if we could make sure not to be in the West Wing, and it wasn't a problem. You should be fine.

I was too "scared" to do this when I went last year because it took me so many tries to get a reservation and didn't want to push my luck. Finally did and wanted the West Wing, but was seated in the main ballroom. To be honest, I liked the main ballroom better. It's so classic Beauty and the Beast and details are gorgeous. My boyfriend works in construction and even he was impressed! That said, if you don't get the room you want, they allow you to walk around the restaurant after your meal.

Doesn't it storm or the lights flicker or something in the WW? I cant remember and its been a few years since we went, and we only glanced into the other rooms as we had a FP we were going to miss. The Rose gallery is the one with the big statue of Belle and Beast dancing, right?
Yes and yes! I love the theming of the West Wing. We’ve now sat in all 3 rooms and it’s still my favourite.

We were there last month, and ate dinner at BOG twice. Both times we requested a specific room when we checked in. Both times, they picked up a phone to call someone and see how long the wait would be. The first time, they told us 45 minutes. It took 10. The second time, they said 25 and it was less than 10. I wonder if it's just a way to discourage people from asking. I definitely wouldn't ask at the door, though, as they've already assigned you by that point.

As I was waiting both days, I saw them pick up the phone and call whenever someone made a request, so I don't know if this is something new or if it was just something they were trying out.

to be honest I have three boys. They always seem to choose the "darkside" lol!! With that said they like the West Wing. Kinda gives that eerie feeling and they just love how the picture changes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter