BOG Lunch on last day

samantha3590

Mouseketeer
Currently I have a Be Our Guest reservation for 12:35 on our departure day. Flight leaves MCO at 5:05 so need to be back at resort around 2. If we preorder, will we have enough time to get back to the resort (POFQ) in time or does this seem like it’s cutting it too close? We’ve never eaten here so I don’t know how long it takes to get your food during main lunch time. Thanks!

You get food rather quickly but it may be close. By the time you eat and then exit the park you will have little time to travel. If you are relying on the buses it may be best to try for an earlier ressie.

You get food rather quickly but it may be close. By the time you eat and then exit the park you will have little time to travel. If you are relying on the buses it may be best to try for an earlier ressie.
Thanks that’s kind of what I figured!

Currently I have a Be Our Guest reservation for 12:35 on our departure day. Flight leaves MCO at 5:05 so need to be back at resort around 2. If we preorder, will we have enough time to get back to the resort (POFQ) in time or does this seem like it’s cutting it too close? We’ve never eaten here so I don’t know how long it takes to get your food during main lunch time. Thanks!

Your bus will be LEAVING around 2:00; you need to be AT the resort by 1:45.

Lunch service at BoG runs pretty well - it's all the other potential hold-ups that are going to make the plans very tight, including:
-the potential wait to get into BoG (I had a 12:35 ADR there last week and waited in line about 15 minutes to check-in - mostly thanks to people who didn't have ADRs trying to see if they could score a walk-up);
-getting from the back of the park to the front (as people are starting to congregate on the walks or coming into the park for the 2 pm parade);
-the interminable walk to the bus lines and the even more interminable wait for a bus (which at moments seem to operate on a completely different time/space continuum that would baffle Stephen Hawking);
-traffic and delays getting back to the resort (awful lot of road construction right now); and
-getting to MDE pickup and ready to go promptly.

Could it be done? Sure - but it'd feel very rushed.

Thanks everyone. I’ll just hope that people drop their ADR when it gets closer and hope for an 1130 seating or something around there.

It is going to be close. You need to be at the MDE bus stop 15 minutes prior to the departure time, which is about 3 hours prior to your departure flight. Having lunch is not the issue, it is the potential for any delays as you trek back out of the park and return to your resort. We got stuck on the monorail two years ago and let me tell you, that was one stressful end to a trip, which I will never let happen to me ever again.

If you really want to have a meal at BOG on your departure day, why not look for breakfast if there is something available? It is not lunch, but it may relieve that last minute rush back to the resort.

For me, I try to work backwards from when I need to be somewhere to see if I have time.

Flight leaves at 5:05
DME leaves at 2:00
Must be back at POFQ by 1:45
Plan for an hour for the bus from MK to FQ
Need to be at MK bus stop by 12:45 at the latest
15 minutes to walk from BOG to the MK stop
Need to leave BOG by 12:30
Reservation is at 12:35... This isn't going to work.

Maybe using an Uber?
Backtrack to 1:45pm
Uber needs 15 minutes to get from The Contemporary to FQ
Be at CR by 1:30.
It'll take 25 minutes to walk from BOG to the main gate to CR. Call for an Uber while walking
Leave BoG by 1.
That offers 25 minutes to eat?

For me, I try to work backwards from when I need to be somewhere to see if I have time.

Flight leaves at 5:05
DME leaves at 2:00
Must be back at POFQ by 1:45
Plan for an hour for the bus from MK to FQ
Need to be at MK bus stop by 12:45 at the latest
15 minutes to walk from BOG to the MK stop
Need to leave BOG by 12:30
Reservation is at 12:35... This isn't going to work.

Maybe using an Uber?
Backtrack to 1:45pm
Uber needs 15 minutes to get from The Contemporary to FQ
Be at CR by 1:30.
It'll take 25 minutes to walk from BOG to the main gate to CR. Call for an Uber while walking
Leave BoG by 1.
That offers 25 minutes to eat?
Thanks! I was thinking about getting uber as well.

And is it worth wasting a dining credit or paying out of pocket for a lunch that you will be rushing through? If you using touringplans then you can have them search for an opening earlier in the day and they will email or text you if it opens up, hopefully you will be able to jump on and grab it if you get the text. You can always just keep checking. Do you have a vacation planner? Ours has their own system that alerts them when reservations come available and that's how we got into BOG even though we are within 90 days of our vacation. I would definitely try getting in early, say around 11:30, so you can actually enjoy the last meal at WDW.

I was able to add a BOG breakfast for a party of one at 9:05. Do they let you add 1 more person the day off? Or will I need to find a separate reservation around the same time and we can sit together.

I can't answer your question but it certainly seems like you should be able to add one more person to your party. I can't imagine they have tables that seat only one person, even the smallest tables should seat 2 people, right? I would call and ask.

I was able to add a BOG breakfast for a party of one at 9:05. Do they let you add 1 more person the day off? Or will I need to find a separate reservation around the same time and we can sit together.

I can't answer your question but it certainly seems like you should be able to add one more person to your party. I can't imagine they have tables that seat only one person, even the smallest tables should seat 2 people, right? I would call and ask.

To both of the above: BOG is a different animal than most Disney restaurants, TS or CS. Can you add one more person at checkin? Maybe yes. Maybe no. The staff will try, but it is not a given that there will be an opening for one more. The problem is not always the size of the tables because BOG is CS and you seat yourself. The issue is how the restaurant is staffed and the number of guests already booked. This is a very large restaurant but is never seats to capacity, it seats to staff level.

I would take the party of one and keep looking for another that is close to the time frame you booked. You have a little leeway when you arrive, so both of you should check in together, once you are in you can find your table.

Keep trying for another one person ADR around the same time. It would be horrible to end your vacation with one person inside the castle and one outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter