BOG substitutions

andee515

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation over the holidays, but I am going back and forth about whether its going to work for us. I am not really loving this prixe fix menu, but do love the seating. My biggest worry, is my son; a Disney adult at 12 but he is autistic and has a really limited palette. I am wondering what substitutions you have been able to get at BOG since the menu change? It hurts my wallet to pay $60 for an uncrustable or fries, but is that even an option?

Is the rest of the party happy with the offerings for dinner?
If not then honestly I'd try to find a lunch ADR instead.
Would save you a bundle and has much more normal options.
Otherwise what other Disney restaurants have done at least in the past is give you a child menu item but in an adult portion at table service locations.

We have a reservation over the holidays, but I am going back and forth about whether its going to work for us. I am not really loving this prixe fix menu, but do love the seating. My biggest worry, is my son; a Disney adult at 12 but he is autistic and has a really limited palette. I am wondering what substitutions you have been able to get at BOG since the menu change? It hurts my wallet to pay $60 for an uncrustable or fries, but is that even an option?
My son is 30, and autistic. He often orders from the children's menu and they are kind enough to 'upsize' it for him. Does the children's menu appeal to him at all?

Not really, I think last time we ate there they brought him French fries And rolls. He is starting to get s little more interested in different food, we got to add hamburgers into his repertoire. He will occasionally eat grilled chicken so I will probably get that with French fries if those are available

Why not go for breakfast or lunch which is considerably cheaper? There are better signature restaurants for dinner.

This is over Christmas week, I am trying to get another table service, but not likely. There really a lot of good quick service options but finding a table can be nearly impossible that time a year and I like at least once a day a for sure spot to sit and rest. Thanks

Unfortunately with the menu switch, french fries are no longer available at Be Our Guest. My daughter’s diet is also very limited due to her eating habits. We have been to BoG three times since the menu changed (most recently at Thanksgiving week), and each time I ask just in case the french fries are available, but so far they have not. Luckily she likes macaroni & cheese, and they’re able to serve it without the breadcrumbs. If she were a Disney adult, I’d have to give serious consideration to $55 mac & cheese. She’ll eat the dessert and the grapes from the appetizer, but even with those included, I’m not sure it’s worth $55.

What does he like to eat? my son is 10 so just newly a disney adult and on the spectrum... I always choose my meals based on where he can eat and enjoy his meal because honestly if he's not happy, I won't be happy.

I would try to do lunch instead of dinner, there are many more options for picky kids (including just fries) and you're not paying $60 pp for it. We are doing both breakfast and lunch on the DDP here, he'll eat a plain turkey sandwich and fries and a cronut. He loves steak so he'd eat the adult filet but I am not paying that when we can go to CA Grill for the same money.

Is there anything on the menu he likes? If so, I would ask if they can make a meal out of the sides or appetizers he likes.

I think that there are times when you just have to decide if $60 for bread is worth it. I know that for fixed cost meals, families must decide this all the time when considering that they may have members who will not or cannot enjoy what is offered. I will never forget the times when one of the kids with us would only eat a dish of rice, or the worst when all four of my sister's kids ate nothing but a salad and a little dessert at a fixed cost 4 course meal in Niagara Falls. I almost fainted at that bill, however we knew up front they were probably going to eat not much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter