Bon Voyage or 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfasts?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
Which does your family prefer? Why? Best time of the morning to grab? And how are the character interactions?

I haven’t been to either one, but your “help me” seemed pretty desperate. If it were me, I’d pick Bon Voyage. I also adore Rapunzal and Flynn Rider though. In an ideal world, I’d do both.
I actually had a Bon Voyage breakfast scheduled, along with a whole Disney trip, but had to cancel. My time was for 11:45 and everyone assured me that the characters would still be there and that their interactions are still amazing, even if it’s a later breakfast.

sorry I’m not actually helpful

Love Bon Voyage—have done it twice now. I prefer having the food brought to you instead of buffet. It seems at buffets we were up and down all the time getting food, helping DD get food, etc.

Depends on what characters you want to see, ease of getting to that resort, type of food, etc. Both are great choices.

1900 park fare--Alice, mad hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh characters, on monorail loop, buffet.

Bon voyage--princes and princesses, boardwalk resort, shared pastries and entree

I think you should choose based on characters you want to see.
The thing is I love both sets of characters. I would be happy with either one. So I'm trying to gauge other peoples experience with service, quality of food, and overall enjoyment to help me decide.

We fan get to either location easily via an Uber or the skyliner, and like I said, non park day so we are in no hurry.

1. Which? - Bon Voyage.
2. Why? - To my family, 1900 is just another buffet (went only once.) Bon Voyage has great food and is a traditional sit down meal which we prefer (have been 6 times.)
3. When? - Depends on your plans as we have not had a bad time. We sometimes do early so we can go to the parks, other times we get a later time for a brunch to spend a relaxing day doing non park things. Food and Characters have been same no matter what.
4. Who? - Interaction was great at both places and it is nice to see different ones at both places. Be aware that they do sometimes substitute. For one of our six times at Bon Voyage, we had no princes but four princesses.

I've been to both several times and prefer Bon Voyage. I just like the food and characters better, but get that is totally subjective.

I would say Bon Voyage because I have never been there before. I keep ending up at 1900 because I know how to easily get there. Lol BV kinda baffles me because I'm not quite sure the easiest way to get to the Boardwalk area for breakfast.

I would say Bon Voyage because I have never been there before. I keep ending up at 1900 because I know how to easily get there. Lol BV kinda baffles me because I'm not quite sure the easiest way to get to the Boardwalk area for breakfast.

We're staying at Caribbean Beach, so we'll take the Skyliner to Epcot's international gateway and then walk to the boardwalk from there. Not a far walk

We've eaten at 1900 many times and Bon Voyage once. Our last visit to 1900 was not good, but in the past, it had been our favorite. Things like the lobster Benedict are now gone from the menu as are the variety of cream cheeses and spreads that they used to have at the bagel station. Our character interaction was also really rushed the last time we were there. I don't know if this was a holiday thing, since everything was shifting into Christmas week mode, or if the meal permanently took that turn. Not sure if anyone can confirm this. I guess if it's returned to how it was, I still prefer 1900, but if not Bon Voyage is very good.

I preferred the characters at Bon Voyage, but I liked the food at 1900.

At BV, several in my family ordered the pancakes and it was prepared with a different type of mix. We didn’t care for them. We were still able to eat them, but it just wasn’t our favorite. I guess we prefer traditional pancakes. But the characters were very interactive with each other and the guests, especially Rapunzel and Flynn.

At 1900, there were plenty of options on the buffet that everyone liked. So we enjoyed the food there much better. The characters were fine. They’re just not our favorites.

Haven’t been to 1900, but our food at Bon Voyage was excellent...and characters were amazing (especially Flynn Rider, best I’ve ever seen).

I just listened to an episode of the Dis Unplugged yesterday where they talked about the best character meals for families, and they BV got RAVE reviews. Pete even gave it very high marks! I am considering booking there for our August trip. The only thing holding me back is that the characters aren’t my kids favourites.

My family has done both, and I personally enjoyed both. My DH doesn't ask for much, his only request every trip is a 1900 breakfast so I make that happen. Maybe it's the red velvet pancakes or strawberry soup but it's turned into a tradition for the family.
I will add I LOVED the Bon Voyage breakfast (King Triton's Shipwreck, yummo). And would vote the character interaction was better, and one point during the meal they have a "parade" with the kids. And I'll also vote Flynn Rider was amazing. We all learned how to smolder.
Honestly I don't think you could go wrong with your decision but that's because I'm a fan of both. I'd base your decision on what characters your family rather see.

we went to bon voyage for the first time in August and really loved it. The food, the character interaction, atmosphere, we loved everything about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter