book bags kids carry to school-is this acceptable as a carry on??

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
okay

now that i can't put my snacks in my checked luggage- i am going to put it in a book bag to carry on with me- this is just a regualr school sized book bag- does anyone think i will have any problems with this- i don't know how big a carry on can be

oh dear, can someone help??

lisa

My DD and DS have always carried their backpacks as carry-ons. That's where they keep their snacks and game boys and stuff.

Us too. In fact, my carry-on is usally a back-pack too. My 9 y/o dd always uses her school back-pack for traveling.

My kids always take a backpack and it's perfect for snacks, books, deck of cards, hand-held games, etc.. They just put it in a bin and it goes right through the conveyor line, no problem. I was at AKL 3 weeks ago and you are going to love, love, love it!!!! Have a great time!!!:D

9x14x22 inches is a good general rule for the maximum size of carry-on luggage. You can check your specific airline's website; for example, NWA has:
"Carry-On Luggage
When luggage is carried on-board the aircraft, it must be of a size and shape to allow for storage in aircraft overhead compartments, or underneath the seat in front of the passenger. Each person is allowed to carry on-board the aircraft one piece of luggage. This piece of luggage must not exceed 45 linear inches (9 inches by 14 inches by 22 inches) and also must not exceed 40 pounds. In addition to this one piece of carry-on luggage, customers may also carry on-board a purse or briefcase or laptop computer. In addition, each passenger may carry a coat, umbrella, or other "special" items. "

Also, I haven't verified the data, but here is a good summary of many of the airlines: Harrison Luggage-Airline Baggage Information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter