Book Disney Direct vs. Small World Vacations

tiffpaige

Sleepless in MN
Hi All,
I'm looking into a spring break 5 night Western Caribbean cruise from Miami for my family of 4 in March 2015. I'd like to stay in a family oceanview w/veranda and am just wondering if it'd be more economical to book directly through the Disney Cruise Line site or take the recommendations of mousesavers.com and book through Small World Vacations and in addition, use a promo code from "Sue" that is found in the newsletter? I registered for the newsletter tonight so won't get the "code" until Monday the 15th. If anyone would want to share the Nov. 2014 code with me, that'd be great, as time is of the essence and there are only a few cabins in this category to choose from now.
Any and all help is welcome. This would be my kids' first cruise, my husband's second, and my 4th, but we've never yet cruised with DCL.

Thanks in advance,
Tiffany

We always use Small World Vacations. Our TA, Kathy is awesome and goes above and beyond to get us the best deals!!

Hi All,
I'm looking into a spring break 5 night Western Caribbean cruise from Miami for my family of 4 in March 2015. I'd like to stay in a family oceanview w/veranda and am just wondering if it'd be more economical to book directly through the Disney Cruise Line site or take the recommendations of mousesavers.com and book through Small World Vacations and in addition, use a promo code from "Sue" that is found in the newsletter? I registered for the newsletter tonight so won't get the "code" until Monday the 15th. If anyone would want to share the Nov. 2014 code with me, that'd be great, as time is of the essence and there are only a few cabins in this category to choose from now.
Any and all help is welcome. This would be my kids' first cruise, my husband's second, and my 4th, but we've never yet cruised with DCL.

Thanks in advance,
Tiffany

If you want the absolute lowest price, you wait for GT rates to pop up for your cruise, as long as your cruise is not high season..likely GT rates will pop up because they have four ships needing to fill rooms...sailing out of Miami even has more potential deals because it's a farther port. The GT rates will pop out about 50 days or less closer to your departure date. There is a thread where a guy has posted ALL GT rates for over a year now, they did have GT rates for March sailings last year, so likely some will show up this year.

As far as a 'code'..Disney does not give any discounts..all prices are the same regardless...travel agents can offer 'more' on board credit and this may be what the 'code' is offering...you can also charge it to your Disney Chase Visa and get $50 per room on board credit, plus use the Disney dollars earned towards gratutities/excursions/etc.

I only use travel agents for the on board credit in all honesty...I know more about my vacation options than the average customer. The two times I have used one, I had to call and make my own changes to the reservation (rate dropped or kids sail free came out..and when I asked the TA to nab it for me, they missed it...luckily, I was on top of it and nabbed it myself then had to release it for them to pick it up, what a hassle...but the on board credit is appreciated!)...this time I am waiting for GT rates for a May cruise and thought I'd consider using a TA...I wrote and explained I would be waiting on GT rates...I get the harder sell to book now to 'secure' a room..when I insist I will wait for GT, I get Debbie Downer discouraging words like, "You'll never get your rooms together, you'll likely be on different floors etc." Well, I have done GT or these sale fares for all my 3 cruises and always been adjoining or next door...I DO know it will pop up because I follow the threads like the one I mentioned that shows there have always been GT rates on the particular week I'm looking at...it just makes me wonder how knowledgeable they really are or how much they are more eagerly pushing the higher priced cruise for the increased commission...I just sense they don't prefer frugal and savvy travelers like me who are benefit seeking for that extra on board credit to stretch our vacation dollar. That was with SWV...I may go back to DU (sponsor here) because with GT, there's nothing they can really do to mess it up, once it's booked, it's booked...no switching or changes can be made....but hopefully, I won't be discouraged from booking GT...that to me was not very customer friendly, when I from the start say that was my intent.

HTH!

I have used Small World for all of my Disney trips. Have never had a problem with having them take care of what ever I asked of them. Jo has taken care of both our land and cruise trips. They offer OBC and the Disney Visa also offers one plus extended time to pay. I also am a bit like the above poster. By the time I call the TA I know exactly what I want and they come through every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter