Book or not book with borrowed points?

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
We rescheduled our April trip DVC Members, but staying offsite as I am out of 2020 points, and rebooked our airline tickets to July 15th to July 24th.
I would borrow points to stay, but it is pointless if we can't get a park reservation. I read they may put back borrowed points, but I don't know the rule.

If we can't get park reservations, we were just going to spend a week at a beach house in the gulf instead.
Should I even bother booking with banked points and try for a reservation? I don't want to be stuck with the points.

At this point, I would not borrow given that we don’t know how this is going to work,

They are currently putting borrowed points back, but we don’t know how long that will last, if they will continue to waive holding, etc.

It would be a risk. Plus if you don’t have tickets yet, they are not selling them, and it seems to indicate people with reservations and tickets are first up for the phased reservation bookings, once they release details.

We have 4 Day Discovery tickets that were supposed to expire at the end of June, extended to the end of July and now to the end of September.
Strange to have timed tickets that are going to expire without the ability to possibly use them. They say you retain the value, but that is it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!