Book with AAA or DU/SW?

studentmom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, :)
Were going to be booking our vacation soon for next year. I was trying to figure out if we would get a better rate by booking a package (MYW + Dining) with AAA, or if we might have better luck with an agent, such as thru DU or Small World?? Would we still get a AAA discount if we use a TA? If anyone can help then that would be great. thanks.

You can get the AAA discount through AAA, DU, SW, or directly through CRO. However, only a AAA agent can combine the AAA rate with the MYW Dining Package.

DU is the sponsor of the DIS boards. We are currently using them, and I am completely pleased. DU will make your PS (now AR) reservations and book tours, etc. I think SW will as well. I originally booked with AAA, but cancelled it and changed to DU. I felt that the AAA agents weren't as knowledgeable, and I like not having to worry about calling CRO (at 7am EST!). DU will also apply rates and codes to your reservation if they are available.

HTH!

Thank you, Triplefigs!

There might be 8 or 9 of us going so it might be helpful to have someone else make the dining resies. Do you know if they can apply rates and codes on top of the AAA discount? We don't have an AP.

I'm wondering how much of a discount AAA gives for the whole package...I like the idea of a dining plan. But then if we can get a great discount on the room it might be worth it to do seperatly. Hmmm

Oh here I go rambling. I've never really booked a big vacation (heck I've barely been out of California!).

They won't apply the rates "on top" of the AAA rates, but they will apply them if they are better. FYI, there have not been any discounts this year except for AAA, FL resident, AP rates, and if you're lucky enough to get a Pin Code (via postcard or email).

With the AP rate, you can book up to 3 rooms on the discount. So, it may be to your benefit to book at the AP rate and buy one AP to get the discount! AAA discount is 15% off Deluxe/20% off Mod/Value in Value Season, 10% off Deluxe/15% off Value/Mods in Reg/Peak Season. We currently are booked at AAA (2 rooms), but are hoping for the AP. With 2 rooms, the AP will pay for itself and still save us tons if a rate is available!

I would recommend going with DU. They will be a great source of info and be able to make all your PS arrangements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter