Booked my next cruise

Have you been to Grand Cayman? It's my favorite destination so far. We booked a cabana at Royal Palms when we went last year. It was awesome.
I’ve been there once. Off DCL fantasy I believe. We went to the public beach and my brother went into the water with his cellphone in his pocket.

Good times.

Ugh...so disappointing starvenger. Am really sorry. I don't get how they can select a charter cruise after regular bookings have started. Seem so unfair. We have Navigator booked for the summer and are excited for the upgrades.

On a note...DH and I went on Independence recently and really liked the ship. Has great amenities for kids...sky pad, waterslides and a kids spash area. It also has Grease and we really enjoyed Once Upon a Time. A 5 day would be nice too (as Navigator would have been 3 or 4 days?). Keep us posted on what you end up booking.

PS - We book way in advance too and have a few outstanding cruises including up to Mar 2021.

On a note...DH and I went on Independence recently and really liked the ship. Has great amenities for kids...sky pad, waterslides and a kids spash area. It also has Grease and we really enjoyed Once Upon a Time. A 5 day would be nice too (as Navigator would have been 3 or 4 days?). Keep us posted on what you end up booking.

Our next cruise is a 5 day on the Independence and even with 5 days I feel like it's not enough time to do everything the ship offers!

Ugh...so disappointing starvenger. Am really sorry. I don't get how they can select a charter cruise after regular bookings have started. Seem so unfair. We have Navigator booked for the summer and are excited for the upgrades.

PS - We book way in advance too and have a few outstanding cruises including up to Mar 2021.
So we’ve rebooked on Indy for 5 nights in a 1D balcony. The balcony is slightly curved so I don’t know if we’re getting hosed on size or not. It’s a bit close to the elevators but we were actually right beside the elevators on Navigator so it’s a slight improvement.

So we’ve rebooked on Indy for 5 nights in a 1D balcony. The balcony is slightly curved so I don’t know if we’re getting hosed on size or not. It’s a bit close to the elevators but we were actually right beside the elevators on Navigator so it’s a slight improvement.
Are you in a hump balcony? Those are great locations and you get a good view while on the balcony since you stick out further than the rest of the ship you can see from the front to the back.

I think it is. It’s at the end of the hump. I think all the other “hump” balconies are 1Bs, so a slightly larger stateroom.

I think it is. It’s at the end of the hump. I think all the other “hump” balconies are 1Bs, so a slightly larger stateroom.
Deck 6 or 7 near the hump is my favorite location on Freedom class ships. I love being able to quickly run down the stairs to the promenade. We've sailed on Indy twice before refurb. I hope to sail on it again to see the changes.

The saga continues. It turns out that now, THIS cruise (2020/01/06) has been booked for a charter and our cruise was canceled.

The good news was that we were able to book for the cruise before this (2020/01/02) at the same price, which is great because:
A) this works better for us, time-wise.
B) we're cruising BEFORE the charter
C) we were price protected at our previous rate. Which is good because this cruise was more expensive.

We're basically in the same room as before, so no difference there. Fingers crossed for no more changes!

Also:
D) They've given us $200 OBC for each cancellation, so we're now at $475 OBC. Or about $180 in actual credit after taking gratuities into account.

And fwiw I checked out cruise timetables and it's listed the charter as 70,000 Tons of Metal. Which is kind of a brilliant name, if not my cup of tea (I'm more of a 90's alternative guy)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter