Booked on Points then was charged cash...now points in holding

hoserland

Earning My Ears
I haven't called member services yet since they are closed. Hopefully this issue is easy to resolved but has anyone experienced this?

On 8/30 I was able to book a studio for one night at OKW on 9/2 for 10 points (I own at AKV). I arrived parked and hop on over to EPCOT. At 11am I noticed via room charges that I was charged $395 for my room I thought that was strange but would clear.

Now that I look at my MDE account there are two reservations for 9/2 the reservation I booked with points and linked to MDE and the cash reservation just showed up on MDE. When I look at my points transaction history on 9/2 my points reservation was "Cancelled" and the 10 points are in holding.

I did not make the cash reservation nor did I get any cancellation notification for the points reservation. Also the points would have been forfeited if I canceled the reservation the day of.

I checked in online and have done exclusively for the past couple of years. This surely would have been caught and resolved early if I did check in at the front desk.

Hopefully it is not a pain to get things in order.

Last edited:
My guess is that a front desk CM cancelled your reservation and didn't know what to do so they charged your account for a cash room. Your issue is with the front desk and OKW management.

:earsboy: Bill

Hope you got it all cleared up! I'm sure it was just a mix up or computer glitch!

I had a problem a few years ago. I noticed a number of points in holding. When I called MS they said I had cancelled a reservation for an August stay, and I think it was only like a day or something. Since it was for August, and I told her no way would I have ever made plans to go to Florida in August, being a Northerner, she was able to put the points back into my account.

I was able to resolve the issue with a call to DVC Member Services and then Disney Resort Billing. I told them what was going on and then was on hold while they did their magic. It took about 40 mins in total to get everything in order.

They did say there was some notes on the second reservation but did not tell me what it said. My points are now gone and I received an updated invoice with a $396 credit.

Just a mistake if there were no requests or waitlists that would require a points change. Glad it was taken care of. An email to DVC +/_ Disney Guest Services would likely have been easier and less time consuming.

Happy that it all worked out! It is strange when things like this happen but it reinforces how important it is that one check accounts. I always do just to make sure nothing happened it shouldn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!