Booking a Room in advance

krinicone

Mouseketeer
I’m planning a vacation far in advance, like 3 years from now, and I’m wanting to know what’s the best way to book a dvc room(Polynesian studio)? I’ve never stayed dvc before and I have no idea how the points work, if that’s a reliable way to book dvc rooms or not? And how far in advance would I be able to book? Should I just call Disney and book dvc through them and pay their price?? I’m so confused. Also, I I just want a regular room at the POLY, how far in advance can I book that? Still debating between a regular room or studio. Thanks.

If you book the villa through Disney, book it when the site shows you what you need.

If you’re going to rent a reservation from a Dvc owner, if you find a Poly owner you can have that booked 11 months from checkin. If you can’t find a Poly owner than you have to wait until 7 months from checkin to try to get that villa booked.

There are several somewhat recent threads about renting reservations from Dvc owners here, so scroll down and find those threads for way more info. They dingenetalky require payment in full well in advance and most are nonrefundable. There are also brokers you can go through to give you a little more peace and one or two offers trip cancellation insurance.

There are companies that "rent" DVC points. David's DVC advertises here and is a good place to get an idea of the costs.

For regular resort rooms, you can book room only 499 days ahead of time. You will have to put down a deposit of one night's room and taxes (based on the rack rate of the room at the time of booking).

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter