Booking a split stay at 7Mo?

DisneyKeepsUsYoung

Mouseketeer
i have never done a split stay so I want to verify how booking it works. I was looking at booking 3 nights GF then moving to BLT. For the BLT portion do I have to wait 3 more days to book those nights to be in the 7 month window for their start or with linking the reservations can I book my entire 7 days at once? I have a feeling I'd have to wait but I want to have a clear plan to have the best chances of getting what I want.

We're doing a split stay , we're doing one at SSRTreehouse and the second half GF 2 bdr. our points loaded a few days before our 7 month mark. Was surprised at the availability for the 7 month mark.

i have never done a split stay so I want to verify how booking it works. I was looking at booking 3 nights GF then moving to BLT. For the BLT portion do I have to wait 3 more days to book those nights to be in the 7 month window for their start...
A split stay is two completely separate reservations so that's why you have to wait until 7 months from check-in for each reservation to book that reservation.

... or with linking the reservations can I book my entire 7 days at once?
Linking is used when a stay in the same room size, booking category and resort was booked as two separate reservations. For example, say you are traveling with extended family members and you booked the first 3 nights of a 7-night stay in a Standard View 2BR at BWV and another family member used their membership to book the last 4 nights in EXACTLY the same room: Std View 2BR at BWV. You want the room assigner to keep you in the same room for all 7 nights so you don't have to move to another room when you transition from reservation #1 to reservation #2. In this situation, you would ask MS to link the two reservations so that the room assigner sees that it is one continuous stay and will (hopefully!) keep you in the same room for both reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!