Booking as soon as window opens

b2k1121

DIS Veteran
I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly since the booking system seems to have been updated since the last time I used it. AKV is my home resort but I've been unsuccessful at booking an AKV Value right at 8:00 eastern when the 11 month window opens. I know these are probably the toughest rooms to get but want to make sure I'm giving myself the best chance at least.

I'm using the 'Start your Search' tool before the window opens, selecting travel party, dates, and resort. Then proceeding to the search results where I see the room I want is currently open for the entire week. I wait for the clock to turn to 7:00 central and immediately press continue on the selected dates. But it always returns the message of 'You're trying to book outside your window...try again' I refresh the search and the first day is gone of course. But, I thought the message would say the dates are no longer available or something similar, not that I'm outside the booking window.

Does that message just appear by default because the first day is already gone when I press the button and now I'm actually trying to book the next day? I waited about 10 seconds today in case I was proceeding too soon previously, but got the same message. Should I not go past the initial search page until 7:00 hits? Is there a better way?

I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly since the booking system seems to have been updated since the last time I used it. AKV is my home resort but I've been unsuccessful at booking an AKV Value right at 8:00 eastern when the 11 month window opens. I know these are probably the toughest rooms to get but want to make sure I'm giving myself the best chance at least.

I'm using the 'Start your Search' tool before the window opens, selecting travel party, dates, and resort. Then proceeding to the search results where I see the room I want is currently open for the entire week. I wait for the clock to turn to 7:00 central and immediately press continue on the selected dates. But it always returns the message of 'You're trying to book outside your window...try again' I refresh the search and the first day is gone of course. But, I thought the message would say the dates are no longer available or something similar, not that I'm outside the booking window.

Does that message just appear by default because the first day is already gone when I press the button and now I'm actually trying to book the next day? I waited about 10 seconds today in case I was proceeding too soon previously, but got the same message. Should I not go past the initial search page until 7:00 hits? Is there a better way?
I would make sure you it is actually for the days you want before clicking the continue. I've seen it select 11+1 day because the 11 month date is already sold out (since so little Value rooms its not unheard of), therefore selecting the next available day. Also do you own Kidani or Jambo, while you can book at both at 11 months there is a known bug where sometimes it won't let you book the other until 7 months (requires a call to MS to fix).

Normally it would say your something to the effect the room isn't available for your dates, etc. if all is function properly. I forget the general message though.

If you're trying to book today, you're booking during fall frenzy. Most likely those rooms have been taken before the 11 month mark by people walking reservations. If you're lucky maybe you'll see some of your drops become available as walkers move their reservation forward.

I was dealing with the same issue for BLT value studio. I kept getting the outside my booking window and had to refresh. I'm assuming since the booking time online begins at 8am eastern time anything hit before that time will produce that message. This morning I was on at 7:55 and once again got that message, I refreshed at about 7:59 and by the time the system was refreshed the available villas came up and there it was the studio I was looking for and asap I booked it. So I'm thinking if you refresh right before the booking time opens you might have luck and get your villa. Good Luck!!

If you're trying to book today, you're booking during fall frenzy. Most likely those rooms have been taken before the 11 month mark by people walking reservations. If you're lucky maybe you'll see some of your drops become available as walkers move their reservation forward.
Here is a screenshot of the current availability so I can describe it better. Obviously the 7th is gone by now, but right before the window opened this morning the 7th-13th was showing as completely open, so I believe the walking doesn't effect that right? They should already have that day booked, leaving at least 1 available for a new booking. Unless I'm missing something.

So I had the 7th-13th selected and pressed continue the second the clock changes. Should I not be on this page before the window opens?

I was dealing with the same issue for BLT value studio. I kept getting the outside my booking window and had to refresh. I'm assuming since the booking time online begins at 8am eastern time anything hit before that time will produce that message. This morning I was on at 7:55 and once again got that message, I refreshed at about 7:59 and by the time the system was refreshed the available villas came up and there it was the studio I was looking for and asap I booked it. So I'm thinking if you refresh right before the booking time opens you might have luck and get your villa. Good Luck!!
Did you refresh the 'Book a Resort' page or the 'Start your Search' page? The image I posted above is the 'Book a Resort page'.

I faced the same issue: The system shows availability right up until 7:59:58 when I refresh results after which availability is gone, day after day after day

You can not hit check availability until the booking window opens. Once you get to the calendar page that shows the rooms, you have gone top far. It will force you to refresh.

Get it set up to start search, choose the dates and the resort. Then as soon as the clock hits 7 am CST, hit Check Availability.

The screen shot you showed is the one step you are going that is too far.

If they are already gone, put in a waitlist for that one day. Then keep trying because if you competing with walkers,,you should end up being able to get it. Just keep trying!

We have one of those atomic clocks at my work and I find I need to wait about a half second from when the clock turns to 7am to actually hit the Check Availability button. I've had a few times where I click the button exactly on the turn of 7am and it says too early.

Last edited:
Did you refresh the 'Book a Resort' page or the 'Start your Search' page? The image I posted above is the 'Book a Resort page'.
You can not hit check availability until the booking window opens. Once you get to the calendar page that shows the rooms, you have gone top far. It will force you to refresh.

Get it set up to start search, choose the dates and the resort. Then as soon as the clock hits 7 am CST, hit Check Availability.

If they are already gone, put in a waitlist for that one day. Then keep trying because if you competing with walkers,,you should end up being able to get it. Just keep trying!

I agree with the above. You CANNOT go directly on to BOOKING what you see there. Instead, you MUST REFRESH the search, first, and then click again on the days/calendar that pops up, and continue on at that point. And it is in those moments that you are very likely to lose your reservation as someone with a faster computer or faster internet beats you to it.

Thank you for this. So I have been doing it wrong this whole time!

It is also worth mentioning that if you see availability, it may be ONE unit.
I laughed when I read that. When I am booking, I frequently go back after and check availability. If it still shows availability for the room and dates I just booked, for a split second I wonder if I neglected to complete a step, and go to my dashboard to make sure it is there.
I always expect the room I am trying for to be the last one, I guess. haha

Good luck OP. There are only 10 value studios, and to get a 2 bedroom, one of those 10 must be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter