Booking Direct vs Travel Agent

Star3

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a trip to WDW in 2021. It's my first trip since I went in the 90's. Am I better off booking direct or are there any travel agents that offer extra discounts or perks? I'll be traveling from the UK.

when is the best time to book? On the website they currently only take 2020 booking. The plan is to go around November 2021. ☺

There’s often special discounts forUK residents that come out FAR in advance of what’s available in the US. Virgin should have packages available for parts of 2021 out now but you should probably check the UK board for better info.

There are agencies who book convention rate blocks of rooms at resorts at a substantial savings, I exclusively book with one. We are not allowed to link to them on the boards but a little Google fu will let you find one. They will also work with UK guests.

I typically book directly and only use a travel agent for Disney Cruises. It is possible that since you are traveling from the UK there might be incentives if you book with a TA. It doesn't hurt to call a few to asks.

I'm planning a trip to WDW in 2021. It's my first trip since I went in the 90's. Am I better off booking direct or are there any travel agents that offer extra discounts or perks? I'll be traveling from the UK.

when is the best time to book? On the website they currently only take 2020 booking. The plan is to go around November 2021. ☺

Depends on how much research you want to do yourself. If you’re a big planner that likes to research exactly what they’re doing, I’d say book direct because a lot of the fun of it is the planning.

If you’re the type that likes to have people do that kind of stuff for you or you’re a busy work or family person who doesn’t have time to research everything that goes into a successful WDW trip, get an agent.

I’ve personally always been a planner and researcher so for me I love planning the logistics of our trips. Also the best time to book really is anytime after discounts for that season have been released. To find out, look at some room quotes online for times you would like to go and see if any discounts are available. If you’re shooting for Nov 2021 I don’t think you’ll see discounts until at least May/June 2021.

The only other curveball to this is if you want to make incremental payments over the long term to pay for the trip, then I’d say book as soon as possible to start making monthly payments so each month is a little less expensive. If a room discount does come up you can always switch your reservation to the discounted rate retroactively.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!