Booking Disney hotels for Hong Kong and/or Shanghai?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Hi All,

Can anyone with experience booking Disney hotels at either Hong Kong or Shanghai tell me how the experience was?

When we booked Tokyo we had to be ready on the dot of opening as the room type we wanted is so popular and had read it was likely our UK credit card would get an initial decline etc, so felt prepared.

Are these rooms also tricky to book?

Shanghai was very simple to book online, although when you add the second person your name disappears although you are still on the booking. And I just emailed to do dining bookings and with any questions. If you are booking and are far out just book the hotel and buy your tickets when you get there so you get the hotel fast pass

Hong Kong Rooms are straightforward to book but they do give discounts if you book more than 45 (20%) and 21 (15%) days in advance.

Shanghai was very simple to book online, although when you add the second person your name disappears although you are still on the booking. And I just emailed to do dining bookings and with any questions. If you are booking and are far out just book the hotel and buy your tickets when you get there so you get the hotel fast pass
Thanks for the advice. Do you know what time of day the booking window rolls around for Shanghai bookings?

And can you tell me more about the hotel FastPass? This isn't something you can book online, but at the hotel itself?

Hong Kong Rooms are straightforward to book but they do give discounts if you book more than 45 (20%) and 21 (15%) days in advance.
Good to know, thanks. So it sounds like availability is hopefully not too much of an issue?
Do you know what time of day the booking window rolls around for the HK rooms?

It's nothing like trying to book a Tokyo Disney room. As far as booking windows go we booked in June for a Dec visit and the price never changed. We stayed at the Toy Story Hotel and if you buy your tickets at the hotel you get a fast pass for every ticket day. You choose the time and ride at ticket purchase. We just got back and there isn't a ton of info out there but I can try to answer any questions. We also did Hong Kong on this trip (to get the 144 hour visa) we didn't stay at Disney but I constantly checked prices there and availability until we went

We stayed at the Toy Story Hotel and if you buy your tickets at the hotel you get a fast pass for every ticket day. You choose the time and ride at ticket purchase. We just got back and there isn't a ton of info out there but I can try to answer any questions.
This is really helpful, thank you.
I hadn't heard about getting a FastPass by booking tickets at the hotel. Which FastPasses would you recommend choosing?

We did Tron timing it to ride at dark. We also did 7 Dwarfs (again for a night time ride) Soarin was not available as a hotel fast pass at the time so it was the first one that we booked in the park and the first to go everyday (download the app ahead of time and they will help you connect your tickets in it) I can not say it will be the same when you go but Shanghai had the best extra magic hour of any park we have been to (and we've been to them all :))

We did Tron timing it to ride at dark. We also did 7 Dwarfs (again for a night time ride) Soarin was not available as a hotel fast pass at the time so it was the first one that we booked in the park and the first to go everyday (download the app ahead of time and they will help you connect your tickets in it) I can not say it will be the same when you go but Shanghai had the best extra magic hour of any park we have been to (and we've been to them all :))
How do their extra magic hours work?

Any other tips?

Thanks again for the advice, I need to get a lot more research done!

How do their extra magic hours work?

Any other tips?

Thanks again for the advice, I need to get a lot more research done!

If you stay on-site, your room key will contain a small print that shows your check out date. If your room key doesn't have that print, ask for one because you'll need it for Early Entry. The entrance for Early Entry is in Disneytown (not the regular entrance). If you take the shuttle bus from either hotel, you will be dropped off at this entrance so you can't miss it. Early Entry is 60 to 75 minutes before park opening. From this entrance, Tomorrowland and Tron is just to the left so it's an ideal ride to start.

If you stay on-site, your room key will contain a small print that shows your check out date. If your room key doesn't have that print, ask for one because you'll need it for Early Entry. The entrance for Early Entry is in Disneytown (not the regular entrance). If you take the shuttle bus from either hotel, you will be dropped off at this entrance so you can't miss it. Early Entry is 60 to 75 minutes before park opening. From this entrance, Tomorrowland and Tron is just to the left so it's an ideal ride to start.

This! We were generally let inside the park at 7 and could make our first fast pass and they let us go around 715 to the rides. (I believe park opening was 830) We got so much done before the park opened to the public. We started in Tomorrowland and then made our way over to Fantasyland.

This! We were generally let inside the park at 7 and could make our first fast pass and they let us go around 715 to the rides. (I believe park opening was 830) We got so much done before the park opened to the public. We started in Tomorrowland and then made our way over to Fantasyland.
Very useful, thank you both.
Is early entry offered every day for hotel guests?

And did you find this meant you didn’t need any of the paid FastPass options?

Early entry is offered every day and we definitely did not need any paid fast passes but as always it depends on what time of year you are there, how long you are there and your touring style.

You also get fastpasses for booking a Disney hotel at Hong Kong, but you don't need to buy your tickets through them. We bought our tickets through Klook for a 10-15% discount, and still received the FPs just fine.

You also get fastpasses for booking a Disney hotel at Hong Kong, but you don't need to buy your tickets through them. We bought our tickets through Klook for a 10-15% discount, and still received the FPs just fine.
Good to know. An extra one you pick up and pre-select at the hotel like Shanghai?

Good to know. An extra one you pick up and pre-select at the hotel like Shanghai?
It looks like this:

disneyland_priority_passes_1563423973_4cec0e9e.jpg

If there are 4 of you, you need to go together because they will take the pass even there are less than 4 coming in

If there are 4 of you, you need to go together because they will take the pass even there are less than 4 coming in

Yep, good point, which was unfortunate for my non-rollercoaster-fan spouse. (If that is 2019 under your finger in the picture, we were there just a week earlier!)

Also, for meryll83, if you choose Hong Kong, going back to Klook for a minute, we found some decent deals on there for a variety of things in HK (including the peak tram, airport express train, and Ocean Park).

Yep, good point, which was unfortunate for my non-rollercoaster-fan spouse. (If that is 2019 under your finger in the picture, we were there just a week earlier!)

Also, for meryll83, if you choose Hong Kong, going back to Klook for a minute, we found some decent deals on there for a variety of things in HK (including the peak tram, airport express train, and Ocean Park).
Same for us, Klook had a lot of good deals. However if you do afternoon tea at Disneyland it was not a good deal on Klook so we didn't purchase it. We were pretty much the only ones eating our afternoon tea which was kind of funny. Everyone else just took pictures and had a bite or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!