booking GTY

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
What have some of your experiences been? Do you usually get that room, or do they usually upgrade you? I'm curious, as one of the dates I'm looking at, the room comes up GTY.

I have booked at the guarantee rate before, and have never received an upgrade. However, I have seen lots of threads about others on this board that do get an upgrade! Don't give up hope that you won't get an upgrade, but be prepared to be in the room category that you booked...

We booked Cat 8 GTY this time, and were upgraded to a CAT 6 when the Docs arrived (learned about doing this after reading these Boards). I'm hoping for <i>another</i> upgrade at check-in (I'll ask...), but am very satisfied with the CAT 6. :p

When I called DCL after docs arrived, they said the GTY rooms will upgrade first, since guests are not "attached" to a particular stateroom, however there are no guarantees - even if you book GTY. DCL said chances always improve when the ship is not full near sailing dates (not peak season).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter