Booking on French Site

rhiansmom

DIS Veteran
I read on here that you can book thru the French site and save. Well I found what I want to book and I am going thru the entire process and keep getting the booking failed. I've tried paypal, Visa and a Mastercard. Any ideas?

Thanks Iy probably going to be doing this tonight or tomorrow so if I have an issue I'll try that. I'm assuming you just didn't put a country in where you did your address, correct?

I had my correct address (US) in during all the tries including the one that worked. I just got a confirmation email for each of the failed attempts so I guess I'll be making a phone call to figure out what happened. Not overly concerned but when the confirmations started to come in a did panic a bit.

Are you sure it's not your credit card company rejecting the transaction? That happened to me when I booked, your CC company sees you making a European booking and it sends up a red flag fraud warning. I used separate credit cards when I booked the Disneyland package as well as a flight from Madrid to Paris and got rejections on both transactions until I squared it away with my CCs.

I called Disney here (WDW) and asked to be transferred to Disneyland Paris, and for someone who speaks English, I ended up talking to someone here in the US, who helped me book in English Sterling pounds... and we booked a package, hotel room concierge level, tickets, half board, for 1,300 dollars less that than we would have spent...booking on the French Site... It might be worth a call...

I called Disney here (WDW) and asked to be transferred to Disneyland Paris, and for someone who speaks English, I ended up talking to someone here in the US, who helped me book in English Sterling pounds... and we booked a package, hotel room concierge level, tickets, half board, for 1,300 dollars less that than we would have spent...booking on the French Site... It might be worth a call...
Recently? Or was this in the past? I know the current price for us in pounds didn't seem bad until converting it to USD.

Are you sure it's not your credit card company rejecting the transaction? That happened to me when I booked, your CC company sees you making a European booking and it sends up a red flag fraud warning. I used separate credit cards when I booked the Disneyland package as well as a flight from Madrid to Paris and got rejections on both transactions until I squared it away with my CCs.

I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't the credit card.. first I tried several different ones plus paypal and second when I moved to the other browser I went back to preferred card (try #1) and it worked fine.

Recently? Or was this in the past? I know the current price for us in pounds didn't seem bad until converting it to USD.

This was in 2018, midyear... the French site was 1,300 (in US $) more than the UK site... I knew that it would be more expensive, even with that, but by getting a package, made it have more value... to us... We stayed at Newport Bay, ( which is like the Yacht and Beach Club) and King bed room, did concierge level... it included park hopper tickets, plus a couple of FP's for each day... and half board plan... which staying concierge level was breakfast buffet ( American and European offerings) in the lounge each morning, quite good, and they did change it up somewhat each day, and there were always drinks available, then mid-day there was like a really nice appetizer, and sweet treats... and then I made reservation for table service meal ( which was included in the package) in the evening in the parks or Downtown Disney... I do know that there are different offers.... at any given time... Check all the site's...

For reference, to those who might stumble on this thread, DLP legally sells all their packages to everyone, regarding of your country of residence.

The website might not easily allow this but you can call their help desk (directly or connect via WDW if you live in the US) and they will happily do that for you.

No proof of residence asked or needed (it's against the law within Europe and DLP kindly extends this to guests outside Europe), though you need to pay in the currency of the offer (if you book a UK offer you have to pay in GBP). The automated emails are also being sent in the country of the offer (if you book a French cross-offer, be prepared for some french).

I did this very recently (7-10 days ago) and only got rejected the first time, because my CC thought it was fraud. Once I cleared it with my CC and re-submitted it went through. I save $200 (about 15-20% of what I was spending). But I would just say that with any Disney site, in general, sometimes this happens. Who knows why.

Also, I have a heck of a time when I have to reach the DLP French site by phone trying to go through WDW in the US. They keep passing me around until I finally find someone who knows what to do. But beats paying international rates while waiting on hold for an hour.

I had problems on Chrome as well and switched to Firefox and it went through on the second attempt. First attempt was declined by my credit card.

I'm going through similar issues. I booked on the UK site, I'm from the US and it just kept searching and searching but no confirmation but they charged my credit card. This was a saving of $950! I called DLP and they said it could take 24 hours before I get the confirmation email. I finally got the email (6 of them) of the same email with confirmation of my booking but it stated there's a balance of the total cost but I paid in full. I tried logging into my account that I created this morning on the UK site and tried linking my reservation with the confirmation number that's in my emails but it says it cant link because my reservation has been cancelled. I dont know why this would happen with the credit card company as when I got to the part where the credit card company had to text or email me a number and I had to input it for it to be processed so, the credit card company knows it's me. Just so odd. I guess I have to call again tomorrow. I also tried calling WDW to be transferred and got connected to a were closed for the day message but it was only 2pm their time...uuuggg

I also tried calling WDW to be transferred and got connected to a were closed for the day message but it was only 2pm their time...uuuggg

2 pm whose time? DLP or WDW? It sounds like you are referring to it being 2pm Paris/DLP time. If your calling WDW I'd assume you have to call within their business hours and if it's withing the business of DLP then they can transfer you.

I booked last week and it did not go through the first time, but I got an email right away from chase the first time asking if I made a potentially fraudulent purchase. I had to call chase, get transferred to the fraud department, verify my identity again to Fraud, and then he did something that allowed it to work the second time.

2 pm whose time? DLP or WDW? It sounds like you are referring to it being 2pm Paris/DLP time. If your calling WDW I'd assume you have to call within their business hours and if it's withing the business of DLP then they can transfer you.

I booked last week and it did not go through the first time, but I got an email right away from chase the first time asking if I made a potentially fraudulent purchase. I had to call chase, get transferred to the fraud department, verify my identity again to Fraud, and then he did something that allowed it to work the second time.
it was 2pm DLP time. It was early this morning here in California. It was during WDW business hours and I was able to talk to CM's at WDW and DLP but was not able to be transferred from WDW to DLP because what ever number they transferred to me said it was closed. Very odd.

it was 2pm DLP time. It was early this morning here in California. It was during WDW business hours and I was able to talk to CM's at WDW and DLP but was not able to be transferred from WDW to DLP because what ever number they transferred to me said it was closed. Very odd.

Either the CM didn't know how to transfer or didn't want to. Or, the lines for DLP have been extremely busy the past few weeks. They have a new booking system and it doesn't work properly. Plus AP rates finally released, which cannot be booked online...
Instead of putting you in a 45-60 minute queue, they probably say DLP's lines are closed.

I resolved the issue this morning. I called WDW again and told the CM of my issue. She transferred me and held on the line until I was connected. They had 6 reservations for me, all were cancelled but one and it had a balance due for the entire amount which I already paid. They had to talk to their accounting department to confirm they debited my account and had to redo the reservation under another number as paid in full. It took over an hour to fix. From now on I will call to make as reservation as their online tool is a mess.

just tried booking on french site using firefox
keeps rejecting
called chase visa, they don't even see it coming thru, let alone rejecting it
i need to book 2 rooms! aggh
so i can call wdw in the morning and they can switch me to disney pariss?

just tried booking on french site using firefox
keeps rejecting
called chase visa, they don't even see it coming thru, let alone rejecting it
i need to book 2 rooms! aggh
so i can call wdw in the morning and they can switch me to disney pariss?
Yes that's what I would do. Their website is messed up.

spoke to a wonderful gentleman aaaaat disney france. not only did he book the 2 rooms for me he spent time going over options, costs, suggestions etc. wound up with club level sequoia for $38 usd more for both rooms than standard.

now the waiting begins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!