booking question

jimim

DIS Veteran
i'm confusing myself. right now i have 0 points for 2018. my use year is feb. so in feb i will get my 280 pos and my banked 17 points. so tomorrow is my 11 month window for june 2019. so when i book i won't have to borrow points from 2019 right? the computer will know just to use 2019 use year points since the trip is after feb of 2019 when i get my points for the use year, right? or am i actually borrowing points tomorrow when i do it since i'm booing in this use year in which i don't have any more points?

jim

Be sue to use the 17 banked points first, that should be automatic but just check to make sure.

i'm confusing myself. right now i have 0 points for 2018. my use year is feb. so in feb i will get my 280 pos and my banked 17 points. so tomorrow is my 11 month window for june 2019. so when i book i won't have to borrow points from 2019 right? the computer will know just to use 2019 use year points since the trip is after feb of 2019 when i get my points for the use year, right? or am i actually borrowing points tomorrow when i do it since i'm booing in this use year in which i don't have any more points?

jim

You won't be borrowing. For a June 2019 stay and your Feb UY you could use banked 2018 points, which it sounds like you have 17, current 2019 points and if you were short then you'd be borrowing 2020 points. When you book the system will use the banked points first and then will draw from your 2019 points but after you finish booking I'd recommend you double check it uses the banked points first.

If you ever were in a borrowing situation the system will have you approve it before doing so.

thanks. i'm bring to book online now. it's my 11 month window this morning. won't let me book? says it's no longer available. but if i select the day before and 7 days i can? what time does my window open o the computer?
it's 7 am now

thanks. i'm bring to book online now. it's my 11 month window this morning. won't let me book? says it's no longer available. but if i select the day before and 7 days i can? what time does my window open o the computer?
it's 7 am now
Booking begins at 8am Eastern Time.

ETA: You may be confusing it with Fastpass+ booking time, which is at 7am.

If the points weren't banked, would they still be used first? I have 2018 points left with a March use year. I plan on making an August 2019 reservation. Do I need to bank the 2018 points before they can be applied to the 2019 reservation?

If the points weren't banked, would they still be used first? I have 2018 points left with a March use year. I plan on making an August 2019 reservation. Do I need to bank the 2018 points before they can be applied to the 2019 reservation?
Yeah. Those 2018 points need to be banked by Oct 31, 2018 to be used for a trip that falls in your 2019 UY, otherwise they expire by end of February, 2019.

Yeah. Those 2018 points need to be banked by Oct 31, 2018 to be used for a trip that falls in your 2019 UY, otherwise they expire by end of February, 2019.
But since I am making the 2019 reservations prior to my banking deadline, do I have to bank them before they can be used for a 2019 reservation?

But since I am making the 2019 reservations prior to my banking deadline, do I have to bank them before they can be used for a 2019 reservation?
Use Year has nothing to do with booking. Points have to be available at time of the trip.

Think of it this way:

Ignore when you book and look only at when the trip is taken. On the dates for your August 2019 trip, your 2018 points will have died on February 28, 2019, unless you extended its life by banking it into the 2019 UY.

Use Year has nothing to do with booking. Points have to be available at time of the trip.

Think of it this way:

Ignore when you book and look only at when the trip is taken. On the dates for your August 2019 trip, your 2018 points will have died on February 28, 2019, unless you extended its life by banking it into the 2019 UY.
Thanks! It seems kind of silly given the system will ask which contracts to pull points from that in these kind of use cases banking and reserving aren't combined into one action, but I guess that is how Disney IT rolls. Go HP!

Thanks! It seems kind of silly given the system will ask which contracts to pull points from that in these kind of use cases banking and reserving aren't combined into one action, but I guess that is how Disney IT rolls. Go HP!

I'd guess because banking is something that you can do without booking a reservation that it is the reason. I'd, borrowing comes only when you book but many will bank prior to a deadline without any reservation to secure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter