Booking Question

DietCokeMommy

Mouseketeer
i have a question about some strategies for booking when the 2020 cruises open up. We have a placeholder and no travel agent so we’ll need to call when the window for silver opens up.

Is there any benefit from trying to book online (assuming that will be quicker) and then release it when I get an agent on the phone? My big concern is that I intend to book two cruises back to back and I’d like to get the same room for both. I’m also a little worried that I may need to drop on and off the phone due to work and meetings.

i have a question about some strategies for booking when the 2020 cruises open up. We have a placeholder and no travel agent so we’ll need to call when the window for silver opens up.

Is there any benefit from trying to book online (assuming that will be quicker) and then release it when I get an agent on the phone? My big concern is that I intend to book two cruises back to back and I’d like to get the same room for both. I’m also a little worried that I may need to drop on and off the phone due to work and meetings.
Since you're looking to book a B2B, it's best to call and talk to an actual person. Booking a B2B online you can only book one and then the other. The time lag between the two could compromise whether you'd be able to get the same room on both cruises. Talking to an actual person they can see both cruises at the same time.

If the phone lines are outrageously long waits on opening day, and you can get through online easier -- you could book the 2 cruises, and then call later (same day or next day or after "opening day" chaos subsides) to try and firm up which stateroom. Once you are booked, you have locked-in the pricing tier even if you end up changing stateroom category to align the same room across the 2 cruises.

Enjoy your cruises!

Why would you have to release the cruise after booking it? You can change the stateroom easily. No need to release the cruise to do that.

Can you book a placeholder on line now? I thought you had to call to use it. If you're going to release the rooms once you get a CM on the line, you'll probably be wasting your time and your booking might be the one to trigger a price increase before you can even get your real booking via the placeholder made. Do you only have the one placeholder to use? You could book the one you're not using the placeholder for.

Unless the room you want is insanely in demand, those few hours may not matter. There are a lot of rooms on the ship! Also, unless its that special room that books up quickly (like an HA room or an aft room or suite), even if that actual room you choose is no longer available on the cruise you didn't book, once you get a CM, you could probably get the room beside it or above it, at least something nearby. It's opening day. Unless you're talking about a TransAtlantic or a Panama Canal trip? Those, I believe, book quickly.

Can you book a placeholder on line now?

Good point! Somehow I missed that. OP will need to call to use the placeholder. I don't think there is any value to starting a booking online; I don't think the phone reps can pick that up, in fact, people often report problems of specific rooms not being available when calling after they have looked at it. Putting it in your cart takes it out of inventory for a period of time and the phone reps can't get it either. The placeholder needs to be done specifically through that reservation, and can't be applied to another that you might book online. Sorry.

Enjoy your cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter