Booking the night before to have your room early

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
It is somewhat typical for us to book an extra night at the end of our stay so that we don't have to check out at 11. No problem there.

But we are possibly coming in on a very early morning flight and would just like to have our room ready when we get there. Can I book the night before but not actually arrive until the morning or will our room cancel out?

Use to be posted about often but not so much anymore. Just add a notation to the reservation so the resort knows what you are doing.

:earsboy: Bill

If you aren't going to arrive before 6AM, you'll want to make sure they know you are still arriving soon so they don't cancel your reservation.

Last time I did online checkin without DME reserved it had estimated arrival times until something like 5am the next morning. I would choose that and also call.

Yes, that's what I was worried about is them cancelling my reservation. I don't actually have my flights yet (too early to book), but after I do, I will call and have it noted on my res. I'm sure I will be calling the day before, too because I don't trust anything to go as planned.

I never thought of booking an extra day at the end so I could stay past 11 am. Interesting......

Hmmmm...I know you have full use of the resort all day on check out day so we always just hang out at the pool and the shops and restaurants till we are ready to go....

I do kind of like the thought of booking a "fake day" at the beginning so the room is ready when i arrive. Please let us know how that goes... :)

We've done this before, as we often have flights that leave at 5 a.m., or that arrive after 1 a.m. (I'm a sucker for the cheap flights at weird times) and it's been worth it to me to use a minimal number of points to be able to drop our stuff and go.

I always make sure to note this on my online booking, and I've called the resorts before to confirm with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter