Booking timeframe question...

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I'm seriously wanting to go to DLP over my Spring Break (last week in April). I see from research that dining reservations open 12 months out for resort guests, but April 2024 is not open for booking yet, so that's impossible right now.

Should I just do my research now so I'm ready to go in terms of what I want to book as soon as those open up and my TA makes the reservations?

Yes, if you know what you want in advance, it makes it easier when bookings are available. In my experience, bookings don't seem to open on a set schedule the way they do for the US parks - I booked our October trip roughly a year in advance and it took a couple of months before dining reservations were available. From checking my email confirmation, I booked our dining reservations in December after stalking the app every day!

Yes, if you know what you want in advance, it makes it easier when bookings are available. In my experience, bookings don't seem to open on a set schedule the way they do for the US parks - I booked our October trip roughly a year in advance and it took a couple of months before dining reservations were available. From checking my email confirmation, I booked our dining reservations in December after stalking the app every day!

Great, thank you!! I just kept reading 12 months and was confused as to how that was possible if the hotel reservations aren't even open 12 months out!

I think the reservation system of DLP and what opens when for who is a bit of a black hole ;) no one knows what is going on.

Book your hotel + tickets when you get the right price (whatever that may be) and when you have time call DLP to ask about adding restaurants. If they can do it, great. If not, you get to the wonderful world of app stalking.

I read in another thread that reservations past March are supposed to open in mid-September.

Yeah, I saw that on here too.

I was just confused about dining since some places say a year in advance, but you can't always make the hotel reservations a year out.

We just decided to tack on DLP at the end of the EBTA in May! Yay! So I will be following along and welcome advice!
If you are the planner who goes to WDW, with an excel sheet, a dozen or more ADRs etc... give that inner planner a rest when going to DLP. A little less planning and stress is involved. ;)

Mid May is a good time to go, the weather is nice and schools are still in session.

If you are the planner who goes to WDW, with an excel sheet, a dozen or more ADRs etc... give that inner planner a rest when going to DLP. A little less planning and stress is involved. ;)

Mid May is a good time to go, the weather is nice and schools are still in session.
Lol! We have never gone as far as the excel sheet, but we have developed plans over the years and know how to “do Disney” well! I love that you are such an expert on DLP and would gladly take any advice you offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter