Booking while waiting on yearly points

abcevans

abcevans
We just purchased our first DVC contract (yay!) and trying to wrap our minds around the whole process. So my question is, if you can book 11mos and 7 mos out, do the points have to already be in your bank or do you just have to have your points by the date of your trip? For example, if our points populate in March and if we had already used our points in our bank, and we wanted to book a trip for April, can you still book it 11mos out even though you don't receive your points until March? I hope this makes sense.

Booking is always 11 (home) and 7 (other resorts) months and your UY matters not for when you can book your trip. Your UY really is just when that year's allocation of points is valid to be applied to a trip. So when you book your trip at 11 or 7 months from check in you just have to have valid UY points (either the UY's points the trip takes place in, banked or borrowed points into that UY).

We just purchased our first DVC contract (yay!) and trying to wrap our minds around the whole process. So my question is, if you can book 11mos and 7 mos out, do the points have to already be in your bank or do you just have to have your points by the date of your trip? For example, if our points populate in March and if we had already used our points in our bank, and we wanted to book a trip for April, can you still book it 11mos out even though you don't receive your points until March? I hope this makes sense.
Congratulations! Yes, you can (and should!) book the April trip 11-months out. 👍🏻 It’s true that you won’t “see” those points until they are in your current use year, but they’re there & ready to make a booking for their use year (assuming, of course, that you didn’t already borrow all of them 😉).

You always have access to 3 years worth of points at a time: current, past & next UY. It does help to familiarize yourself with the UY, banking, and borrowing procedures. They explain it all quite well on the DVC website.

Happy planning!!

Congratulations! Yes, you can (and should!) book the April trip 11-months out. 👍🏻 It’s true that you won’t “see” those points until they are in your current use year, but they’re there & ready to make a booking for their use year (assuming, of course, that you didn’t already borrow all of them 😉).

You always have access to 3 years worth of points at a time: current, past & next UY. It does help to familiarize yourself with the UY, banking, and borrowing procedures. They explain it all quite well on the DVC website.

Happy planning!!
Thank you!! This helps so much!

Thank you! I was trying to find something about this process I appreciate you sharing this :)

Example: March use year and you want an April 1-8, 2021 trip at home resort. On May 1, 2020, exactly 11 months out from date of arrival, you can go online and reserve that trip using: (a) your March 2021 points which will be the "current" use year points for that trip; (b) any points from your March 2020 use year if you first bank them into the March 2021 use year before doing the reservation, and (c) any March 2022 points if you need to borrow additional points from that use year to complete the reservation (borrowing is done only at time of making the reservation).

You can always reserve 11 (home resort) or 7 (other DVC resort) months out. To determine which points you can use as "current" use year points for a trip and whether you need to bank points or borrow points, wipe from your mind the day you will go online to make the reservation, and look only to the dates you will be at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!