Books for 7yo girl who doesn't like princesses, fairies, unicorns or anything remotely scary?

My DD (9) is also all about animals, and not about princesses, or fairies or any of that. She's moved onto the Warriors, Survivors, etc series from Erin Hunter, but a couple of years ago, she was mostly reading Magic Puppy and The Puppy Place books. She's also in French Immersion and I know we've been able to get some of them in French from Indigo.
The Erin Hunter Warrior cat books are a favourite of DD as well, she's in grade 5.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will check them all and ask her to choose something. Continue adding suggestions if you think of some more since I want to increase their mandatory reading times when school year will be officially finished in June.

For those with kids in French-immersion, better places to find books in French than Indigo and Amazon (they are okay but sometimes very limited in availabilities) are Renaud-Bray (https://www.renaud-bray.com/home.aspx?page=12431) and Archambault (https://www.archambault.ca/?lang=en-ca). Archambault is particularly good for educational material (books used in classroom and review books).

The Erin Hunter Warrior cat books are a favourite of DD as well, she's in grade 5.
She's borrowing them from my DS (10) also in grade 5. Good books for that age. My DS is a bit of an avid reader though. He'd blow through one of them in like a day. I have him now borrowing my old Drizzt Do'urden books (RA Salvatore) in a bid to slow down how often I need to buy him new books to read.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will check them all and ask her to choose something. Continue adding suggestions if you think of some more since I want to increase their mandatory reading times when school year will be officially finished in June.

For those with kids in French-immersion, better places to find books in French than Indigo and Amazon (they are okay but sometimes very limited in availabilities) are Renaud-Bray (https://www.renaud-bray.com/home.aspx?page=12431) and Archambault (https://www.archambault.ca/?lang=en-ca). Archambault is particularly good for educational material (books used in classroom and review books).
Oh, thanks for this, we got her a few, through scholastic, amazon, and the public library before it closed, but she's read them all in the past couple of months. She's re -reading some, which her teacher says is fine, but doesn't hold her interest well.

So many great suggestions given already, brings back so many childhood memories. I loved the Nancy Drew and Bobbsey Twins series. I also read all the Choose your own Adventure series and anyone else remember Encyclopedia Brown?

Since this lockdown started, I discovered that my public library has an extensive digital collection that can be accessed on cloudLibrary. Tons of new titles, children and teen books, even current issues of popular magazines. All you need to have is a library card number, but if you don’t, I would think they can take requests for new library cards via email, mine does.

So many great suggestions given already, brings back so many childhood memories. I loved the Nancy Drew and Bobbsey Twins series. I also read all the Choose your own Adventure series and anyone else remember Encyclopedia Brown?

Since this lockdown started, I discovered that my public library has an extensive digital collection that can be accessed on cloudLibrary. Tons of new titles, children and teen books, even current issues of popular magazines. All you need to have is a library card number, but if you don’t, I would think they can take requests for new library cards via email, mine does.

I really have to look into that. Our library subscription is expired but I will contact them to ask if I can renew online since they are closed until further notice.

My DD (9) is also all about animals, and not about princesses, or fairies or any of that. She's moved onto the Warriors, Survivors, etc series from Erin Hunter, but a couple of years ago, she was mostly reading Magic Puppy and The Puppy Place books. She's also in French Immersion and I know we've been able to get some of them in French..
I was going to recommend The Warriors series. DD loved them but the reading may be a bit advanced for a 7year old. Definitely something to consider in a couple of years OP.

I was going to recommend The Warriors series. DD loved them but the reading may be a bit advanced for a 7year old. Definitely something to consider in a couple of years OP.
Yep, those are more inline with her current reading at age 9. At 7 she was reading the other books I mentioned.

My girls loved Gerionimo Stilton. Large number of books in series and bith french and english.

I just ordered from Indigo the first tome of Juni B. Jones, Owl Diaries, Judy Moody, Bad Kitty Takes a Bath and a book with Beanie Boos (she collects them). I also started a 1 month free trial at Epic. I will keep all the other suggestions for future purchases.

Thanks again for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!