booster seats for rental car

May I join in on the conversation, even though this is a year old? My family is flying out to CA to visit with BIL, and we will have an 8 yo & twin 5 yos (all girls). Our current car seats are dionos, and they are a BEAR to get in & out of the car (so we're not taking them). We plan on getting booster seats for the girls, and I had planned on getting the Mifold until I read the above statements... Are they really all that bad? Is there *anything* that's packable like that, that is more recommended? I don't want to have to lug suitcases, a purse, and three traditional boosters while herding three kids.

ETA: If I end up buying "real" booster seats, I'll need them to fit three across in both my husband's sedan and my midsize SUV. (both Volvos, if that helps any)
I have put 2 low back boosters in a carry on that went in over head for a trip from Pa to Cal with change of clothes for husband and I. Worked well for us on an emergency trip. For 4 of us had 2 over head bin cases and all 4 had a bag under seat with stuff to do on plane and my purse. Wouldn't check them in case that case would go MIA and not arrive with you

May I join in on the conversation, even though this is a year old? My family is flying out to CA to visit with BIL, and we will have an 8 yo & twin 5 yos (all girls). Our current car seats are dionos, and they are a BEAR to get in & out of the car (so we're not taking them). We plan on getting booster seats for the girls, and I had planned on getting the Mifold until I read the above statements... Are they really all that bad? Is there *anything* that's packable like that, that is more recommended? I don't want to have to lug suitcases, a purse, and three traditional boosters while herding three kids.

There is some research from the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia that included the Mifold in addition to other more traditional boosters. The test dummy showed some very concerning movement during the collision that was not seen in a traditional booster (arching of the torso), that is enough for me to avoid using a Mifold. Packable options that are likely safer would include the RSTV and the BubbleBum.

There is some research from the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia that included the Mifold in addition to other more traditional boosters. The test dummy showed some very concerning movement during the collision that was not seen in a traditional booster (arching of the torso), that is enough for me to avoid using a Mifold. Packable options that are likely safer would include the RSTV and the BubbleBum.

What's an RSTV? I tried looking it up, but got nowhere.

What's an RSTV? I tried looking it up, but got nowhere.

The RSTV is the ride safer travel vest. It is a vest that the child wears, and the seatbelt goes through clips on the vest. The vest holds the seatbelt in the correct position. I'm Canadian, and we don't have the RSTV here. However, I purchased one for use on cruise excursions in the US with then almost 5 year old who weighed under 40lbs. We didn't have any long trips, but it worked well for 25mins-ish drives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter