Borrow /Bank questions

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Ive got some borrow and banking questions:

(1) If I borrow 50 points from 2019 those points will be stuck in 2018 UY even if I cancel the reservation. Does this mean a new reservation would use all 2018 points before the 2019? Could I bank 50 points from 2018 and hence still be even for the year

Ive got some borrow and banking questions:

(1) If I borrow 50 points from 2019 those points will be stuck in 2018 UY even if I cancel the reservation. Does this mean a new reservation would use all 2018 points before the 2019? Could I bank 50 points from 2018 and hence still be even for the year

Yes, borrowing is a final transaction meaning that once you borrow the point are permanently moved into the prior UY. If you cancelled and then made a new reservations it would use all borrowed and banked points first before it used current points. If it did not require all current points then you could bank those as long as you were still within your banking window.

Borrowed points would be used before the current UY points. Once borrowed they become 2018 points. But you can bank 2018 point if you do so before your banking deadline. The borrowed points will expire if not used before the end of your 2018 UY.

If I bank the remainder of my 2018 points into 2019 UY, but later decide to make a 2018 reservation, how does that work? Can I use my 2018 banked points, or borrow from my 2019 UY points? Or am I prohibited from making a reservation for the rest of the 2018 UY?

If I bank the remainder of my 2018 points into 2019 UY, but later decide to make a 2018 reservation, how does that work? Can I use my 2018 banked points, or borrow from my 2019 UY points? Or am I prohibited from making a reservation for the rest of the 2018 UY?

If you Bank points from 2018 into 2019, they are gone from 2018. They must be used in 2019.

If you Bank all of your points from 2018 and then you decide you want to make a reservation in 2018 you can borrow points from 2019 back into 2018. But you are borrowing fresh points. You are not borrowing your banked points back. The banked points remain in 2019. The Borrowed points from 2019 remain in 2018. The borrowed points must be used before the end of the 2018 use year or they will expire. They cannot be banked.

Banking and borrowing are final transactions. Once moved those points can not be moved again and they will expire at the end of their new UY. Rules for the other points in your UY's stay the same.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter