Borrowing points - 2 separate trips

NLW814

Earning My Ears
I currently have 50 points from 2020 left and will likely make a reservation between now and the end of the year using them and borrowing about half (85) of my 2021 points. I am also making a reservation for May 2021 using the remaining 2021 points - when I make this reservation next month in June (11 month window) will I be able to borrow 50% of my points from 2022? The 50% thing is confusing me, but will this work since it is 2 vacations and borrowing from 2 different use years? Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
It was explained to me that you are only able to borrow 50% of a contract that you own. In our case 50% of each of our 3 contracts for 2021. You won't be able to borrow 50% for one vacation this year and then the remaining 50% for a second vacation this year.

So in your case you would be able to borrow 50% into this use year. Then use the remaining 50% in 2021, and borrow up to 50% from 2022 to use I 2021. That is, if the 50% policy remains in effect for 2021. Stay tuned for the update to the update.

Hope this answers the question.

What is your UY? That would help to ensure its correct.

If the trips fall into 2 different UYs, then yes, you can borrow 50% into your 2020 UY from your 2021 UY, and borrow 50% of your points into your 2021 UY from 2022 UY

Sorry, should have mentioned we are a Feb Use Year so it sounds like we will be okay to make the 2020 reservation now and the 2021 next week at our 11 month mark! Thanks so much guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter