"Bottle Caries" on a toddler's tooth?

I just wanted to clarify that my reflux medication isn't an antacid per se. It's called a "proton pump inhibitor". It actually causes the cells to produce less acid. I did take the odd antacid (Zantac) on top of this in the 3rd trimester, but that wasn't the medication that DD's dentist was concerned about with regard to the enamel not forming properly.

CathrynRose, I am sure that I would have felt ill if I hadn't taken my medication while pregnant, so I am not sure what I would have done if I'd known about this in retrospect. I do know that I would have asked for alternatives. Perhaps they could have let me take an antacid like Zantac for the duration of the pregnancy rather than having me on the PPI :confused3 You can bet that I am going to find out about this before I become pregnant with our second child, though. What's done is done, but I'm not about to repeat the mistake even if my OB says that a perscription med. is "safe" the next time :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter