Bottled water delivery from Staples

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
We're having a WDW family reunion in 38 days:cool1::cool1:

My inlaws have asked me to order some bottled water for them. (We're doing a full Garden Grocer order for my family)

How close to their check in day should I place the order? And should I include any particular info on the order-- I'm thinking of check in day and reservation number maybe??

Thanks for any help you can offer!

We're having a WDW family reunion in 38 days:cool1::cool1:

My inlaws have asked me to order some bottled water for them. (We're doing a full Garden Grocer order for my family)

How close to their check in day should I place the order? And should I include any particular info on the order-- I'm thinking of check in day and reservation number maybe??

Thanks for any help you can offer!

We ordered ours from Staples 5 days before and it arrived 3 days before our arrival. So, it took 2 days. Just a warning. We ordered 4 boxes of bottles (24 bottles per pack). The total they charged us was about $20. We were staying at Coronado Spring resort which is a convention hotel. Staples shipped the packages using UPS. Any UPS package ends up at the business center (even though we mentioned drop off at Bell services). The resort charged us $5 per package to keep the bottles. So, it ended up costing us double to ship to our resort. I knew about a charge based on the information provided by someone on the boards. I will find that post and add it here. I never expected us to pay that much. Oh well, it was still cheaper than buying them per bottle.

This was provided by Jarvis23.
I just read this post again and it does mention $5 per medium box. I guess I assumed they wouldn't charge $5 for a package of water bottles. Oh well!

Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail during their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.

If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the receiving letter or package:
1) Includes the mailing address of the Disney Resort Hotel
2) Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of the recipient’s arrival at the hotel

John Q Sample
Coronado Springs Resort, WDW
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000

Guest - Arrival 12/31/2013

Packages:
- parcels mailed via USPS will end up with CSR operations, no charge.
- parcels shipped via UPS or Fedex, it will end up with the Ricoh Business Center and a charge will be assessed depending on the weight.

Parcel Handling Fees
Handling fee includes receipt of item from carrier, storage for up to 3 days, onetime Guest package delivery or pickup, placing item with carrier for shipment, and tracking. Postage is not included.

Envelope: $3.00
Small Box: $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
Med Box: $5.00 (5 lbs – 20 lbs)
Large Box: $10.00 (21 lbs – 70 lbs)
Golf Club: $10.00
Display Cases: $15.00
Pallets: $70.00 per 100 lbs
Prices are subject to change.

Have a great trip!

CSR Website
http://myapi.io/?2f3c525

CSR Forum
http://myapi.io/?f65be58

They're staying at Carribbean Beach, so I think I'm in the clear on the charges, right?

We ordered water from Staples for our April trip at SSR and there was no fee from the resort (pretty sure it's only at convention hotels where they charge the fee, but that could change at any time). We were lucky and ordered the water just before they raised the prices to $7.99/case, so just be aware it is more expensive than it used to be.

Also, be aware what brand of water you want to order and if it's available locally in FL or if they have to ship it from out-of-state, which takes longer. There is a map I knew we wanted Deer Park water which isn't available in FL so I ordered it a week and a half ahead of time. Thank goodness I was checking my emails to see when it was delivered because for some reason they ended up cancelling the order :headache:. After several phone calls, they finally worked it out and reinstated the order, with the original price I had ordered at (the price increase went into effect between when they cancelled the order and when I realized it was cancelled). Not as smooth as it has been in the past, but I will still order from them in the future.

Oh, and as a teacher with the Staples Teacher Rewards Card, I get free shipping, so if someone has the Teacher Rewards Card use it to get the free shipping for your order.

I was thinking of Nestles Pure Life at $4.99 per case... do you think that should be a problem?

And I have the rewards card, thanks.

Not sure of the Staples delivery fees but I used Amazon Pantry last month for water (and other items...cereal, granola bars, hand soap, etc.) to be delivered to POP. It is a $5.99 shipping fee and you fill your box with items based on weight. It's a newer service, I think but was super easy.

It did take a day or so longer than regular Amazon Prime shipping. I think I ordered it on Tuesday and it was delivered Friday to the resort.

All they want is water; we've already placed a Garden Grocer order for us.

With Staple's free reward program, delivery is free :)

I was thinking of Nestles Pure Life at $4.99 per case... do you think that should be a problem?

And I have the rewards card, thanks.

Just ordered water from Staples last month, it was Nestle' Pure Life..it was $5.99 per case when I ordered, and used some Staples Rewards against the price. I ordered it on a Wednesday for a Saturday arrival, and it was delivered to the resort on Thursday. No shipping chages for me either with my Staples account, and no charge from the resort to hold it a few days (BWI). Have done it on the last three trips, and have never had a problem.

Another tip - after my first water order from Staples, I noticed that they had truncated my information on the shipping address even though I could enter it complete online, so from then on, I put my name and reservation #, just "Name #xxxxxxxxxx" on the first line. Next line I put hotel name and arrival date for example, "Hotel Name Arriv 6-24", then the hotel's address on the next lines. Keep the shipping information as condensed as possible.

Has anyone had water delivered from Staples lately? When I try to add water to my online shopping cart I get an "out of stock" online message.

Just to point out this is an old thread, and ALL WDW resorts are now charging for package deliveries. $5 per package.

Enjoy your vacation!

Maybe the bottled water is out of stock at the warehouse? Bottled water is $6.99 per case in the resort gift shops.
I'll be at CBR and I don't think they will have water in the case since their gift shop is under construction. Any ideas?

Maybe the bottled water is out of stock at the warehouse? Bottled water is $6.99 per case in the resort gift shops.

Is this true (and current)??! If so, I am not going to bother with ordering at all! Thanks, Kaytie

Op- I'm sorry I don't have any info about Staples. I hate when people don't just answer your question, so I'm apologizing for doing exactly that. But why not just add a case of water to your Garden Grocer delivery?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter