Bought fully loaded - contract had 0 points

My thread here will help you wait out the tail-end of the process with as much peace of mind as possible:
Want to share a little behind-the-scenes info I learned today.

So I closed a resale contract on 8/26/19 and the membership ID showed up on my member homepage on 8/30/19.

Reading the forums, it typically seems to take 7-10 days for points to populate on the member homepage after the new membership ID (MID) shows up. Today is day 10 after MID showed up and still no points. Assumed there is delay because Hurricane Dorian showed up during that 7-10 day period for members like me. I called Member Admin this morning and verified the window has been delayed to up to 14 days. The CM was pretty detailed, letting me know that they are working on populating 8/28 points this morning, with 8 or so contracts left. 8/29 has over 20, and so does 8/30. She estimates they should be done in 2 to 3 days.

Ugh can't wait!

Just recently closed on a loaded resale contract. Disney was notified of the final purchase and deed filing on October 11th, Contract (with new member number because of different UY) showed up in my online account last week. Points hit my account yesterday. I missed my 7 month window for the week we wanted in May, so we are booking a week in August now.

Have you contacted your broker at all since the sale closed to verify?

I am at two weeks since contract closed and no points added yet. According to DVC can take up tp 4 weeks. Hope it is sooner than that.

Mine took almost 3 weeks after the contract showed up to get the points. Disney said there was a giant backlog. Agree, probably just need to chill.

Wow -- things have really slowed down this year. My parents bought resale back in late January and closed sometime in late Feb or early March and it didn't take too long for the points to load. When did this start happening?

Thank you so much!!! This did help. The points finally showed up today!

Glad to hear you are getting all the points you were expecting, no missing points. Have fun booking!!! At least for me, booking is also enjoyable as the actual vacation itself.

Great3

I did have a few days of paranoia between my online account being set up and the points arrivings. They showerd up and I felt much better.

Wow -- things have really slowed down this year. My parents bought resale back in late January and closed sometime in late Feb or early March and it didn't take too long for the points to load. When did this start happening?
Hurricane Dorian and the increase in blue card minimum points are cited as reasons for the backlog. And now we also know that there was an 11% increase in points sold over that quarter as well.

Resale point loading is the last priority for DVC, they get around to it when they can. Direct buy points are loaded the same day. See a theme here?

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!