Bought the wrong park music cd - no Welcome Medley

krr126

Mouseketeer
We are coming up on the one-year anniversary of our family trip to Disney World. DH had been several times as a kid, but it was the first time around for me and our now 5-yo DD. It was a wonderful trip and we are saving to go again in a few years.

In the meantime, Disney World - pictures, music, etc. is my Happy Place. After a long day at work, it can be my escape. I recently redecorated my rec room in a Disney Parks theme - I hung a throw as a focal point behind the futon couch, Park Lithographs on the opposite walls, Mickey Ears on top of the tv, Disney Park trip planning books and scrapbooks on the coffee table.

While we were there last year, I perused the Park Music cd's. At the time, they seemed too expensive. Once we got home and withdrawal set in, I regretted it. Called the (800) and ordered the Event Party Music cd, worth every penny. Have enjoyed IMEEM for the other songs.

Over time, I realize that I really want the Welcome Medley song - on our first day, we got to the Magic Kingdom in time for the opening ceremony and that song just symbolizes the trip for me. Yet spending $34 for another cd "Four Parks, One World" seems like maybe too much at this point. I bide my time, lurking on Ebay, Amazon, Limewire.

No dice until a few weeks ago, when I come across the following at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000765NN6/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

It contains one review that indicates that the Welcome Medley is on there. There is a used copy available for $17. Do a search on the album title, get this wikipedia result: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Album:_Where_Magic_Lives_-_Walt_Disney_World_Resort_(2006)

Wow, $17 for a 2-disc Disney Parks set,even used, seems a really good deal - I order it. A week later, it arrives...and it is the one-disc 2003 version, that does not contain the Welcome Medley. :confused:

Apparently Disney reused the same title several years and added tracks as time went on?? I emailed the seller and got no response.

If I had it to do over, I would bite the bullet and pay the $34 for the Four Parks, One World cd. As it is, the album I bought is nice, I enjoy most of the songs. The only song that is on the FPOW album that it doesn't have, that I really want is the Welcome Medley. So it doesn't seem worth it to also buy the FPOW cd at this point. I wish Disney had a way to buy individual Park Music songs.

I figured if anyone would understand, it would be fellow DIS'ers. Any ideas? Perhaps there is an option I've overlooked. The song comes up on various Torrent websites, but they make me nervous since I got some nasty malware a few months ago.

Thanks!

Kathi

We are coming up on the one-year anniversary of our family trip to Disney World. DH had been several times as a kid, but it was the first time around for me and our now 5-yo DD. It was a wonderful trip and we are saving to go again in a few years.

In the meantime, Disney World - pictures, music, etc. is my Happy Place. After a long day at work, it can be my escape. I recently redecorated my rec room in a Disney Parks theme - I hung a throw as a focal point behind the futon couch, Park Lithographs on the opposite walls, Mickey Ears on top of the tv, Disney Park trip planning books and scrapbooks on the coffee table.

While we were there last year, I perused the Park Music cd's. At the time, they seemed too expensive. Once we got home and withdrawal set in, I regretted it. Called the (800) and ordered the Event Party Music cd, worth every penny. Have enjoyed IMEEM for the other songs.

Over time, I realize that I really want the Welcome Medley song - on our first day, we got to the Magic Kingdom in time for the opening ceremony and that song just symbolizes the trip for me. Yet spending $34 for another cd "Four Parks, One World" seems like maybe too much at this point. I bide my time, lurking on Ebay, Amazon, Limewire.

No dice until a few weeks ago, when I come across the following at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000765NN6/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

It contains one review that indicates that the Welcome Medley is on there. There is a used copy available for $17. Do a search on the album title, get this wikipedia result: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Album:_Where_Magic_Lives_-_Walt_Disney_World_Resort_(2006)

Wow, $17 for a 2-disc Disney Parks set,even used, seems a really good deal - I order it. A week later, it arrives...and it is the one-disc 2003 version, that does not contain the Welcome Medley. :confused:

Apparently Disney reused the same title several years and added tracks as time went on?? I emailed the seller and got no response.

If I had it to do over, I would bite the bullet and pay the $34 for the Four Parks, One World cd. As it is, the album I bought is nice, I enjoy most of the songs. The only song that is on the FPOW album that it doesn't have, that I really want is the Welcome Medley. So it doesn't seem worth it to also buy the FPOW cd at this point. I wish Disney had a way to buy individual Park Music songs.

I figured if anyone would understand, it would be fellow DIS'ers. Any ideas? Perhaps there is an option I've overlooked. The song comes up on various Torrent websites, but they make me nervous since I got some nasty malware a few months ago.

Thanks!

Kathi

that is such a bummer kathi!!! :eek: i think your rec room sounds awesome! you should post some pics of it!! :wizard: i regret not picking up the four parks one world cd on my last trip and they ask for alot of money to ship it so im just going to wait till january (aka my next trip!!) to buy it. i dont really have any help for you... just wanted to sympathize!!

Thanks Hallowishes, I appreciate it! You're so lucky to be going in January. We are hoping to go back in May 2011 (10th wedding anniversary), but we'll see if we can save up enough by then.

Here are some pictures of the rec room:

104_5176.jpg

104_5178.jpg

104_5182.jpg

DD remarked when we put up the throw, that it's like you're walking into Mickey and Minnie's world, "Like when we walked through their houses at Disney World!" That comment struck me, especially with the Fantasyland renovations that will result in Toontown being removed. So I am looking on Ebay for some good Toontown stuff to add.

We host Thanksgiving dinner for our families each year, and we'll be unveiling the new and improved rec room for all the kids to play in that day. (We had used it pretty much as a random storage room for the past few years.) I had this idea in my head to put on the Welcome Medley to draw people in as a surprise. Maybe that's too cheesy?

Anyway, thanks again for the support!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter