Boulder Ridge - IMpossible at 7 months?

Teresadoxie

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I am a recent owner at Board Walk. We loved our resort but would like to check out others too. Boulder Ridge is on the husbands list. I am looking at studios at 7 months out to even a bit further and this is all booked. 1 bedroom looks wide open.

Just curious, if there is a month with better odds.

Thanks, Teresa

Not Fall. Right now, you would be looking at prime season, which is late September through marathon. Getting a studio at 7 months in Fall Frenzy at MOST resorts is rough, because people book home resort and then cannot see anything to switch to at 7 months.

BRV studios have gotten more difficult IMO since they added the murphy bed and changed occupancy to 5. Best chances would be spring-summer.

I booked a night to add on to the beginning of our late May/early June stay at the Poly last week... May have just been random luck...

BRV studios are most often open at 7 months out during DVC's low to moderate demand season at WDW which runs from the Monday after marathon weekend in Jan to late Sep (a usual exception is the two highest demand times during that period: the Princess half marathon weekend in Feb and the Star Wars race weekend in April). Difficult to get during the high to extremely high demand season that runs from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan.

1BRs are generally open well beyond the time that studios in the same resort and view category book full (except that BLT standard view 1BRs often book full before studios)

Last edited:

I am staying 2 nights in June one just popped up on RAT so I grabbed it and then wait listed another night and low and behold it came thru yesterday after just few weeks!!

That is super!!! I need to look more often. We have Boardwalk booked in august and looking for options if we want to switch..just in case

IMO CCV has increased the bookings at BRV, maybe people want to check the improvements/changes out.

:earsboy: Bill

That is super!!! I need to look more often. We have Boardwalk booked in august and looking for options if we want to switch..just in case
I know!! I also wait listed 4 nights at poly that came thru and was looking for a night or two at beginning of the trip and it popped up!! I was like a deer in headlights.. am I seeing what I think I am seeing???

I know!! I also wait listed 4 nights at poly that came thru and was looking for a night or two at beginning of the trip and it popped up!! I was like a deer in headlights.. am I seeing what I think I am seeing???
You are going to have so much fun!!!!!! Enjoy.

BRV (old VWL) used to be widely available most times of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas time frames. I really enjoyed that availability should other choices at 7 months not be available. Well that has all changed with the new renovations and the addition of CCV. I am wondering if those who purchased at CCV are booking at BRV due to the bigger accommodations at BRV and because there are more rooms available at BRV? It is just crazy how occupancy has shifted. So glad I own at BRV as truely love it there.

BRV (old VWL) used to be widely available most times of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas time frames. I really enjoyed that availability should other choices at 7 months not be available. Well that has all changed with the new renovations and the addition of CCV. I am wondering if those who purchased at CCV are booking at BRV due to the bigger accommodations at BRV and because there are more rooms available at BRV? It is just crazy how occupancy has shifted. So glad I own at BRV as truely love it there.

Thank you! Good info

We own at BRV's and booked on day one for the first week in December and were waitlisted. Not happy with this at all. I admit that I didn't get up at 5 am (we are on the west coast) but seriously it shouldn't be this hard. I just hope that when the 7 month window opens up that people will shift around. Right now I wouldn't consider buying again (we have loved it for 15 years) but it's just getting too hard to get what you want.

We own at BRV's and booked on day one for the first week in December and were waitlisted. Not happy with this at all. I admit that I didn't get up at 5 am (we are on the west coast) but seriously it shouldn't be this hard. I just hope that when the 7 month window opens up that people will shift around. Right now I wouldn't consider buying again (we have loved it for 15 years) but it's just getting too hard to get what you want.
at 11 months it was booked? That’s crazy. I own bwv and it’s pretty open I think 9 months out. We are going second week December

Same here. At 11 am on opening day at 11 months, I could not get one full week at BRV for the first week of December. Just crazy! Waitlisted the one day I couldn’t get, got it 2 mos. later. Still, this has never happened to us in the 7 years as owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter