Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I checked Bounce Back offers before checking out yesterday and they were the same discounts offered with the Sun and Fun offer at least for the dates and resorts I wanted...

Does anyone have any insight into 2020 BB? Or predictions based on past offers?

When would I have to be at WDW to get a BB for next fall, and what would it be? FD or RD?

Thank you

So, there's no guarantee that Disney will offer the same BBs again, but in the last few years they've typically offered a room only discount BB from November to August for dates that year (so, the current BB took effect last November for dates in 2019 and it's what is still available until August for return trips this year only.). August through October they've typically offered a free dining bounceback for dates the following year, then in November it switches back to the room discount for dates the following year, which has typically run until August.

Does anyone have any insight into 2020 BB? Or predictions based on past offers?

When would I have to be at WDW to get a BB for next fall, and what would it be? FD or RD?

Thank you
We don't know yet what the next BB will be, and probably won't know until around the time the current BB expires (August). Disney has changed offers this year, offering targeted offers for resorts and dates that they need to entice more people.

From the FAQ post:
What have historically been the Bounceback offers?
Historically, there have been two "Bounceback" offers, based on the date of your stay: Room Discount, usually available for booking November through the following August, and Free Dining, which is usually available for booking August through October.

Typical Room Discount Offer
  • Usually bookable November through the following August.
  • It is a room discount, typically up to 20% off for values, 25% off for moderates and 30% off for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable only for select dates. If a day is not included within your stay, you can book it but it will be at rack rate.
  • Typical dates that are blacked out for this room discount: some weekends, Spring Break/Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, all of October, all of November, Christmas, New Year's.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, Copper Creek cabins, AoA Little Mermaid rooms.
Typical Free Dining Discount Offer
  • Usually bookable August through October.
  • Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable to extremely limited dates, usually part of the summer (after Memorial Day), August, early September, and parts of December.
  • If you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, WL Villas, AoA Little Mermaid, POFQ, POR (December).

We don't know yet what the next BB will be, and probably won't know until around the time the current BB expires (August). Disney has changed offers this year, offering targeted offers for resorts and dates that they need to entice more people.

From the FAQ post:
What have historically been the Bounceback offers?
Historically, there have been two "Bounceback" offers, based on the date of your stay: Room Discount, usually available for booking November through the following August, and Free Dining, which is usually available for booking August through October.

Typical Room Discount Offer
  • Usually bookable November through the following August.
  • It is a room discount, typically up to 20% off for values, 25% off for moderates and 30% off for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable only for select dates. If a day is not included within your stay, you can book it but it will be at rack rate.
  • Typical dates that are blacked out for this room discount: some weekends, Spring Break/Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day weekend, all of October, all of November, Christmas, New Year's.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, Copper Creek cabins, AoA Little Mermaid rooms.
Typical Free Dining Discount Offer
  • Usually bookable August through October.
  • Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas.
  • Applicable to extremely limited dates, usually part of the summer (after Memorial Day), August, early September, and parts of December.
  • If you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
  • Typical rooms that are blacked out: 3-BR Villas, Poly bungalows, WL Villas, AoA Little Mermaid, POFQ, POR (December).
This is fantastic information! Thank you!

To get the free dining on a BB offer, do you have to purchase your tickets at the same time?

For example, if I wanted free dining next September, 2020, on the BB, do I need to buy tickets and book my room at the same time during my stay this August....assuming they offer it and things stay the same. That would suck if a Can res discount came up this fall...

Is there any other way to get free dining other than on the BB? So that I don't have to book before I can get discounted tickets?

To get the free dining on a BB offer, do you have to purchase your tickets at the same time?

For example, if I wanted free dining next September, 2020, on the BB, do I need to buy tickets and book my room at the same time during my stay this August....assuming they offer it and things stay the same. That would suck if a Can res discount came up this fall...

Is there any other way to get free dining other than on the BB? So that I don't have to book before I can get discounted tickets?

Yes, the ticket purchase makes up part of the FD package. So you’d put down your $200 deposit and book it. But you can cancel your FD package and get your refund back If/when a Canadian ticket discount came out, if you felt it was a better deal.

Yes, the ticket purchase makes up part of the FD package. So you’d put down your $200 deposit and book it. But you can cancel your FD package and get your refund back If/when a Canadian ticket discount came out, if you felt it was a better deal.
Thanks! So can we not combine a BB with a Canadian ticket discount? FD or RD?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Ok. I have another question. It looks like you cannot combine Canadian offer tickets with any BB. How about if you book one regular room only reservation for 1 night and then right after you book a 5 day rezzie with the BB or other discount . Can you buy a 10 day Canadian discount ticket, attach it to your one night regular priced rezzie. And have it start on the first day of your 5 day reservation that you booked at a discount?
I think I've just confused myself.

Hi everyone. Ok. I have another question. It looks like you cannot combine Canadian offer tickets with any BB. How about if you book one regular room only reservation for 1 night and then right after you book a 5 day rezzie with the BB or other discount . Can you buy a 10 day Canadian discount ticket, attach it to your one night regular priced rezzie. And have it start on the first day of your 5 day reservation that you booked at a discount?
I think I've just confused myself.

Not quite right. If you book a package discount like free dining, there is a requirement to buy tickets. So a future ticket discount would not work with that bounceback offer.

But if you book a room discount bounceback, there is no requirement to add tickets when you book it. So you could buy tickets from anywhere & link them. In that case, a future ticket discount offer can be used. So no need to make different resort reservations in that case.

I am not familiar with the Canadian ticket offer, however. If that offer has a requirement to book a full priced resort room with it, you would have to follow those rules.

Not quite right. If you book a package discount like free dining, there is a requirement to buy tickets. So a future ticket discount would not work with that bounceback offer.

But if you book a room discount bounceback, there is no requirement to add tickets when you book it. So you could buy tickets from anywhere & link them. In that case, a future ticket discount offer can be used. So no need to make different resort reservations in that case.

I am not familiar with the Canadian ticket offer, however. If that offer has a requirement to book a full priced resort room with it, you would have to follow those rules.
Thank you .I'm also not sure of the rules of the Canadian ticket discount. But if that is the requirement, that the room needs to be full price, I wonder if you can book a one night full priced room and attach a 10 day discounted ticket to it. Is that allowed?

With the new ticketing, do you have to start your first day of ticket on that one day reservation or can you start it any day?

Meaning. Book a one day full price at a moderate or value resoer, attach your 10 day discounted tickets. Then move over to your BB or discounted room the next day and start your tickets that day.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to walk me through this .

Thank you .I'm also not sure of the rules of the Canadian ticket discount. But if that is the requirement, that the room needs to be full price, I wonder if you can book a one night full priced room and attach a 10 day discounted ticket to it. Is that allowed?

With the new ticketing, do you have to start your first day of ticket on that one day reservation or can you start it any day?

Meaning. Book a one day full price at a moderate or value resoer, attach your 10 day discounted tickets. Then move over to your BB or discounted room the next day and start your tickets that day.

There is a ticket stickie on the theme parks board. You would probably get better answers to ticket questions there.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

You can buy discounted Canadian tickets and a discounted room separately or you can combine them into a package and get discounted tickets and a discounted room. If you are looking at a room only bounce back, you would just book the room and add the tickets later if and when the Canadian ticket promotion becomes available.

If you are booking a free dining bb, you would need to book a package with non discounted tickets. Usually it’s a minimum of four day tickets with hopper.

Right now the current bb which is a room only bb for stays til the end of this year, is set to expire August 15th. Typically a fd bb is offered next, but nobody will know for certain what the offer is until it is out.

When booking a BB does your whole trip have to fall within dates or just your check in day? I am sorry if this has been asked already.

When booking a BB does your whole trip have to fall within dates or just your check in day? I am sorry if this has been asked already.
It depends. In the past, Free Dining just has to be a date you check in. The room discount must have all your dates included in the offer to get the discount, otherwise you only get the discount on the says in the offer.

If we book a 2020 package when they are released and then take our trip this year in August/September can we convert that 2020 package to a 2020 bounce back? Or will we need to do a new reservation and cancel that original one?

If we book a 2020 package when they are released and then take our trip this year in August/September can we convert that 2020 package to a 2020 bounce back? Or will we need to do a new reservation and cancel that original one?

They should be able to convert it. A package to package change should not require cancelling & rebooking. Just remember that already having that package booked won’t automatically get you the bounceback for the resort & room type you have booked. There must be availability for that resort & room under the offer. You will be able to convert it to a bounceback, but you might have to be flexible about the resort & room category you end up with.

They should be able to convert it. A package to package change should not require cancelling & rebooking. Just remember that already having that package booked won’t automatically get you the bounceback for the resort & room type you have booked. There must be availability for that resort & room under the offer. You will be able to convert it to a bounceback, but you might have to be flexible about the resort & room category you end up with.

Great thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!